Building My First Coop

I picked up some old windows from a Facebook page and had my contractor install them with hinges at the top and hardware cloth for screens. I used one of the smaller windows at floor level (without h.c.) to be used for clean out -- just unhook the window inside and hook it in the open position outside, park the wheelbarrow underneath and push everything out! It also illuminates the lower part of the coop.
I also covered the floor and walls to beak level on the roosts with cheap vinyl flooring -- easy cleaning!

Been thinking about vinyl flooring , and windows .

Hi Herb, vinyl flooring is nice if you can find it inexpensively. I think windows are a definite addition. I have a south facing window on my coop and it lets in a lot of light and ventilation. The chickens actually enjoy looking out the window as well. I got a 14" x 20" window off of Amazon for about $30 new, however if you have a salvage store nearby you could probably find something less costly. You're making great progress.

Will definitely be looking at vinyl flooring when I get to that point . I did see those windows on Amazon and they would fit the bill but we do have a Habitat For Humanity store nearby so maybe I'll check there first . Thanks all for the good ideas and suggestions , I do appreciate them . :)
Just got done putting all the tools away and covering what I could get covered , rain is on the way . Not much progress was made , only got 6 lower purlins in . Oh well , tomorrows another day .

Back
Top Bottom