Building My First Coop

Have you thought about blackjack 57? It's what I painted onto my floor and its finished curing now. I believe that might even be what @aart was alluding to in her post about corners not cracking.
Nope, was talking about buying heavy duty vinyl. I didn't want it falling apart, would be bear to replace it...so when shopping I bent the corners of the vinyl and many of them broke when bent.
This one did not, foam backed and 1/16" thick overall.
upload_2019-9-3_7-42-27.png

And the progress continues . Couldn't find any appropriate size windows locally so I ended up ordering 2 white aluminum frame flush mount 14" x 27 " windows from Shed Windows And More . They shipped about an hour after I placed the order .
I also got the 2 sides that are getting the windows in them framed out , the closer side will also get a 3 nest nesting box . Also got the upper purlins in for the coop .

IRnerE0.jpg

Xz61y68.jpg

Since I have several coops and pens, I made rain/shade tables for the birds to get under. A few years ago I did plant trees in the pens so they my birds have shade. Where do you live? (state)
Hi. Is it possible to see your rain/shade tables? I just had a large coop and run built, but the run is to large to completely cover for weather. Thanks!

Started siding and the nest box. Using Smart Siding , its a pre - primed manufactured material . Not as thick or heavy as T-1-11 but not the price of T-1-11 either . Its not bad to work with . Windows should be here tomorrow but I'd like to finish the siding and paint before I install the windows . Nest box will open on side , top will be attached permanent .

pIrnNJh.jpg

:thumbsup Give nest top good overhangs.

Have you thought about fly rafters on the gable ends of coop roof?

Thanks .
Yep , the nest box roof will get plenty of overhang . As for the fly rafter I was thinking of going maybe 8" out , should help keep water off that back side of the coop , we shall see when I get there .

Got the siding on the other window side . Forecast is calling for rain tomorrow so I wanted to get the cut edges sealed on the siding thats up so I painted both sides . Also got to that fly rafter on the back end for an 8" overhang . The windows did come today ,packed very nice and secure , no broken glass . :)

373laV5.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom