Building My First Coop

Pics
That's why I said they are going to need wire cutters too . :) I'll be going 1' straight down with the hardware cloth when I install it on the run walls and also am going to hog ring a 2' wide apron to that .
I hit the jackpot when a friend gave me 1800 feet of chainlink fence. Not only is there enough to go around the chickens outer perimeter, there's enough to build a new predator proof pen and put a 4 foot apron down to keep the bad diggers out and the good diggers in. It might be overkill but hopefully it will not need to be rebuilt in my lifetime. :wee

More trim painted and put up , used all I had picked up yesterday except for 2 pieces for the rest of the fascia . Need a few small fill pieces yet but its coming along .

I4pEUjm.jpg

U4M5Wtr.jpg

Also picked up roofing materials , might get started on that tomorrow .

22wbv83.jpg

Got the fly rafter on the run end , this end is an 8.75" over hang where the other end is an 8" over hang . If my figuring is correct I shouldn't need to cut the last panel length wise , I'll just overlap it back one rib and I should be good to go .

CvFtQAt.jpg

Roof is done . I'm going away for a week tomorrow so was glad to get this far on the build . When I get back I still have the main access door to build for the coop , all the hardware cloth for the run , the hardware cloth over the windows , gable vents , some trim work and the predator apron , interior roosts and poop boards , pop door and a few other things .
At least the TO-DO list is getting smaller :)

So8qYom.jpg

Back
Top Bottom