building paradise for the birds

Pics
Yea, He seemed really happy to see me. He would normally run from me until he ran out of energy and I could finally catch him. This morning, he just sat there. His comb and waddles are frostbit just a bit, but he is a toughy! When I fed them tonight, he is running around like nothing happened.
idunno.gif
But I made sure he was in there!!!

glad thing his doing well...he looks pretty...just shows what the birds can take for the cold....im excited...one bird left zipping....hes fluffing out in the egg so i might have to assist...

hey purple good to see you make it here...if im not mistaken you have cemani....is this true....and if so...how are they would you mind sharing some pictures....

so ive been super busy....got the big coop all netted in...all thats left is the door....finished hatching...24 out of 28....86 percent hatch rate...so excited about that...i believe thats better then a commercial hatchery...started to build the hoop coop and i think i went way to overboard for this one...didnt get the hog fencing like most i got the horse fencing so its openings are 2x4"....but this one is going to be for chickens...i just wanted to get the hang of it before i make the next one....i did find a very good one to build right here on byc
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/permanent-hoop-coop-guide
very nice job on that one with a lot of pics and great explanation...i might try to build that....well see...
here are some pics from today

well joker is such a good boy he loves his chickens

new hoop coop so far

theirs the babies...they look so cute

@birdman55

Thank you for sharing the Hoop coop link. I had seen that one before and couldnt for the life of me remember where.

IF I were going to build a hoop coop I would definately follow those details. But what I was looking for was that huddle coop he has in side. From these most excellent pictures I can estimate the dimensions and adapt it to my own use.

The deal is Up till now My coops are all chainlink even the roof, tarped of course and I just wanted to build a huddle box for their roosting area. My idea is to have the walls of it perminantly fastened to the chainlink but swung out of the way during most of the year. Even down to a wire bottom with a poop catcher under it.

My neighbor has one in his yard. But the deal is I cant kneel to get down there to look in His birds go up under it to get in.

Got a lot of ideas from those pictures. Hot wire is an addition I am adding to my new coop construction. Coyotes, feral dogs, and raccoons are my main preds... I am tired of loosing whole flocks.

deb

glad to see your still watching deb...hope all is going well for you...as you can see ive been slacking...but picking up the pace now....have alot to make up for...

Back
Top Bottom