Bully breeds - share your dogs!

Brandy had and still has a special bond with my middle child who is in the autism spectrum.
Both of my teenaged boys are special needs. My bio son is autistic and my step son has PTSD and RAD. Our Pit Bull has been such a gift to both of them and he's bonded with them equally. He seems to know he has a role to play in getting them through some difficult years. Recently my daughter was in the hospital and when she came home, Corky would not leave her side. Magic!

Nikki99, we have a 2yo apbt that looks just like your smash but different color and half face is the opposite side, I'll find a pic and post. my avatar is him but he's only a pup there.

Last edited:
That sounds like Eric a german shepard we had when I was a kid in the early sixties when spanking was considered proper disapline. Eric Had to be put in the garage if Dad was going to deal with our transgression. Eric was found of us kids fond enough to jump the fence to look for other kids when we were having a nap. I remember Mom recalling a talk with a neighbor on the phone. " I feel my kids are so safe when he comes by
I've never owned a bully of any sort but I've met some, all that I met were wonderful wriggly clowns. Their range of coat colors are amazing. Wonderful dogs

vnairp11

he or she looks like my dog phoenix :)

He's a 2yo apbt, 90lbs of love.

NoZolbitty, We have another pit that's 10 and has a bond with our oldest daughter, the other day she came over and the 2yo jumped up on her lap and scratched her arm,and she yelled at him to get down and the 10yo came running (limping cause he has arthritis) over and tore into the 2yo like he was a stray. The 2yo knows when to back down.

sorry about the delay had to spend some time in the hospital

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, I was outta state for a week.
Oh wow!! Your guy is so handsome!! I love the pic! Thanks for sharing! Where did you get him? We got Smash from a county shelter in Colorado. He was a stray and just a pup. I volunteered there so that's how I found out about him. My husband and I did Pit Bull Rescue through the shelter, we would pull a pittie from the shelter and take it into our home as a foster, we would then train, socialize, and do whatever else needed to be done and then find homes for them. In 2 years we had 7 fosters, 6 of which were pitties or pittie mixes and all have been successfully adopted out!! 1 of which we adopted and still have, that's Chloe, she's in the pics I posted earlier. We absolutely love this breed. As long as we are physically able to manage and exercise this breed, we will never be w/out one!

Back
Top Bottom