Bully breeds - share your dogs!

Thanks everyone for sharing. My life has been blessed with many four legged friends. Here is our American Bulldog. He is now 14 months old. These pics he was between 4-6 months. He has a very high prey drive & we have worked very hard on leave it. He now is fine with the cats.

I had been painting & Cass needed Mom time!

left to right: Cass, Riley, Gus & Little Keys (all sitting for a treat)

And this was him at 6 weeks

nikiki99
we got him from a friend that raised apbt's and that is what started our rescue.We ran the rescue from our house and probably in the course of 1 year went through about 75-100 bully's of all shapes and sizes, and health issues.It's alot of money out of pocket when there isn't anyone that cares about what you are doing, but we enjoyed it. we never asked for money when we rehomed a dog, but would get a donation here and there. We shut down when our pup got kennel cough and cost me $1200.00 at the vet.
I love bully's and will always have one or two. they are the best.

Click on my username and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on avatars and you will see some pics of my dogs. We only have two now, the light brown and white we've had for 10 years, got him from animal control the day before he was going to be put down, only 6mo.old. He's a mix, but alot of bully in him. He's the best dog I've ever had. The pup is learning from him and will be a good dog also.

littlechicklet
Love the pic of you and the dog catching a nap. My wife hates it when I take a pic of her and our pup when they nap.

Last edited:
nikiki99
we got him from a friend that raised apbt's and that is what started our rescue.We ran the rescue from our house and probably in the course of 1 year went through about 75-100 bully's of all shapes and sizes, and health issues.It's alot of money out of pocket when there isn't anyone that cares about what you are doing, but we enjoyed it. we never asked for money when we rehomed a dog, but would get a donation here and there. We shut down when our pup got kennel cough and cost me $1200.00 at the vet.

Click on my username and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on avatars and you will see some pics of my dogs. We only have two now, the light brown and white we've had for 10 years, got him from animal control the day before he was going to be put down, only 6mo.old. He's a mix, but alot of bully in him. He's the best dog I've ever had. The pup is learning from him and will be a good dog also.

littlechicklet
Love the pic of you and the dog catching a nap. My wife hates it when I take a pic of her and our pup when they nap.
I am not thrilled with the pic but it is what it is.

vnairp11

he or she looks like my dog phoenix :)

He's a 2yo apbt, 90lbs of love.

NoZolbitty, We have another pit that's 10 and has a bond with our oldest daughter, the other day she came over and the 2yo jumped up on her lap and scratched her arm,and she yelled at him to get down and the 10yo came running (limping cause he has arthritis) over and tore into the 2yo like he was a stray. The 2yo knows when to back down.
It's also obvious your 10 ye old knows whats right and whats wrong. God bless all good pet no matter the species.

nikiki99

littlechicklet

Wow!! 75-100 in a year!!? That's fantastic! We were not in an area that we could've gotten that many bully breeds adopted out in a year! We were in a town that had breed bans all around it, so getting those guys not only adopted but adopted to good people, was a huge challenge. Your right, it's really expensive and unfortunately, they come in much quicker then they go out.
I'm sorry about your bout of kennel cough, that's a tough one. It's so dang contagious and spreads so quickly!
I will definitely check out your pics!

Been out of town all week and couldn't read any new posts. We went through a lot of dogs in a short time. One town close to us started a breed ban, and before it went into effect we started getting a lot of dogs from there because the town had a dog fighting reputation, and started to crack down on it. So we got what they didn't want. Some days we found cardboard boxes at the end of our drive way when we woke up with pups in it. Another time there was a cage with a dog in it. I added a new folder to my page with some of the dogs we rehomed, check it out.

Been out of town all week and couldn't read any new posts. We went through a lot of dogs in a short time. One town close to us started a breed ban, and before it went into effect we started getting a lot of dogs from there because the town had a dog fighting reputation, and started to crack down on it. So we got what they didn't want. Some days we found cardboard boxes at the end of our drive way when we woke up with pups in it. Another time there was a cage with a dog in it. I added a new folder to my page with some of the dogs we rehomed, check it out.

I just don't understand people most of the time, they can be so cruel. And they say we are the civilized ones.

I looked at your new album. They are all so gorgeous, I just love them. Are you able to keep in touch with the families that adopt them from you? If so, how's everybody doing?

There's only a few that I have kept in touch with and they love their pits also. One girl got a very big adult male from me and she just loves him. Says his tail hasn't stopped waging since she brought him home. He was easy to train to sit and stay, and leash training was easy also.

There's only a few that I have kept in touch with and they love their pits also. One girl got a very big adult male from me and she just loves him. Says his tail hasn't stopped waging since she brought him home. He was easy to train to sit and stay, and leash training was easy also.

That's great news. I love hearing that type of thing from adopters!

I had posted pics of Cass our American Bulldog and thought I would show an age progression. He is 8 weeks old in the baby pic, approx. 6 months in the next 2 pics & 15 months in the last 2 pics. He is a wonderful addition to our family.

Back
Top Bottom