Bumble foot climbing the foot.

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
I need help. Ive been treating Rizos bumblefoot in an attempt to fix it but it just keeps getting worse.
One of her foot looks much better then before, No redness, no severe swelling, barely a scab, super minor, just slightly more swollen then supposed to be on the pad. (Should i cut this foot even though it seems better?)

But the other foot.. I wrapped it up and it seemed alright, but the next day (today) is AWFUL! She can’t even walk on it! She won’t walk and she holds it up, but when she does, she picks it up as soon as possible. I’ve never seen it this bad! So im giving her a epsom soak right now. Before i put her in the soak, i noticed its scaling her foot! Its red and swollen on the top of her foot, What do i do? Do i just go really deep? When i cut it before, i didn’t really see anything alarming, but i didn’t cut it super deep either.

Im very squeemish so im nervous. Biopsy punch is not an option, nor is a vet.

You need to post some pics. How tightly did you wrap the foot?
I wrapped it well, im aware if its to tight it can cause injury, but i wrapped it tight enough to stay and not fall off. I will post pics when i take off the bandages today. I will take them off soon to redo them.

Yes I have treated bumble foot but if you can put up some good pictures that will help. So you have cut into it? what came out? and are you using any kind of antibiotic ointment? Do you have any oral antibiotics in case you need to go this route?

Yes I have treated bumble foot but if you can put up some good pictures that will help. So you have cut into it? what came out? and are you using any kind of antibiotic ointment? Do you have any oral antibiotics in case you need to go this route?
I will. I was in a rush this time but i will when i take it off tomorrow.

I did cut into it, yes. Blood. Lots of blood. Thats it.

Yes. They were recommended to me specifically for bumble foot, (or one was atleast) one by a vet and friend.

No, i do not.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Im so sorry for the delay. I got busy and i forgot.
A0CE0E84-511A-4DE6-B929-AAE7DB97C207.jpeg
The “good” foot, or the better one i should say. I haven’t been wrapping or doing anything to this one, should i?
3175F97D-398A-4318-9880-63625D76C5A2.jpeg
This one WAS awful! Red swollen, hard like a knot. But it toned down a lot now though she definitely still walks abnormally. Sometimes she walks like shes miserable, other times she looks like shes in very little discomfort.
B5C2FF07-2E0B-47D7-8DF9-AB2011C88091.jpeg
Its hard to see it swollen on the side with the bandage, but you can see a bit is red and swollen.
BF6237FB-17E9-43EE-8412-1494A1EBC93F.png
Aswell as this, you can see that right above the bandage its raised up and more swollen, this is not because i wrapped it to tight, its just like that, is that part of the bumble?

Back
Top Bottom