Bumblefoot gone bad

Here’s what she looks like today post soak. the last pic is where I removed the bumblefoot “seed”. Does that look like normal heathy tissue growing? It isn’t soft and doesn’t scrape off so I’m assuming it is healthy.
0213D0FF-CCAB-45D8-A6BE-DDDD4ACC57C9.jpeg

E5E6AB3D-AC9A-454B-8B1D-D214D1EE75B2.jpeg
7B5BF515-FF41-480C-8773-8D547B4DDE1C.jpeg

Here’s what she looks like today post soak. the last pic is where I removed the bumblefoot “seed”. Does that look like normal heathy tissue growing? It isn’t soft and doesn’t scrape off so I’m assuming it is healthy.View attachment 2941499
View attachment 2941500View attachment 2941501
Its definitely getting better. Is it super swollen or hard or is it swollen but airy so to say? Also is she moving and standing better? If I were you to help the healing process maybe dont let her apply to much pressure to feet. So maybe take away roosting. Does it smell anymore?

Its definitely getting better. Is it super swollen or hard or is it swollen but airy so to say? Also is she moving and standing better? If I were you to help the healing process maybe dont let her apply to much pressure to feet. So maybe take away roosting. Does it smell anymore?
The smell is almost completely gone. The foot itself isn’t swollen too much anymore compared to when I first started treatment and the pad part feels like a normal chicken foot. The tissue in the actual bumblefoot area also feels like normal foot tissue. She usually keeps the foot pulled up to her breast, but she does limp on it when she is to. I have another buff Brahma hen that got attacked by a dog and broke her leg at the knee joint. For the most part they both hang together on the roost and mainly just come down to eat and drink.

2 week update:
Here are current pics of Henrietta as on about 15 mins ago. I think it looks great! No foul odor and skin all looks to be healing. I made her bleed a little bit when I took her wrap off, but I figured that is a good sign of healthy skin growth, right? Anyway, should I continue with wrapping or should I leave it unwrapped from this point?

41C30F5E-ADA0-4135-A2BE-9079E26D2688.jpeg
F5868B72-1719-4D60-BF03-91C71FBA0550.jpeg
EEE9A4D2-882F-45C5-B3EC-C39A77C6C6BF.jpeg

2 week update:
Here are current pics of Henrietta as on about 15 mins ago. I think it looks great! No foul odor and skin all looks to be healing. I made her bleed a little bit when I took her wrap off, but I figured that is a good sign of healthy skin growth, right? Anyway, should I continue with wrapping or should I leave it unwrapped from this point?

View attachment 2950043View attachment 2950045View attachment 2950046
Keep wrapping day and night until it's fully healed. You don't want to risk the infection coming back. At some point in the healing process you could get away with only once a day wrapping. Keep up the Epsom salt soaks. A 1% betadine solution, 10 minute towel soak each day would help too. Good luck.

Last edited:
2 week update:

View attachment 2950043View attachment 2950045View attachment 2950046
Keep wrapped you doing great I think it's amazing from what day one to 2 weeks look.this is a truly amazing

Back
Top Bottom