Bumblefoot on more chickens??? CONFUSED!

Quote:
I have had them go thru my foot on several occasions. I am not sure what kind of pines we have but there are hundreds of them around here. I tell ya if they can go thru my tough feet they could certainly puncture a chickens foot IMO.

We may have a different variety then. I've been walking on them barefooted all of my life and have never cut my feet on them. Now the cones are a different story.

How do they get this- we are new to raising chickens. Do they always carry staph, like people, and spread it by contact, or is it living on the floor of the coop?

Quote:
I have had them go thru my foot on several occasions. I am not sure what kind of pines we have but there are hundreds of them around here. I tell ya if they can go thru my tough feet they could certainly puncture a chickens foot IMO.

We may have a different variety then. I've been walking on them barefooted all of my life and have never cut my feet on them. Now the cones are a different story.

Yep I think we do have a different variety here, I wish I had the kind you have to use as bedding! That would be awesome instead of paying almost 6 bucks a bag for pine shavings that don't go far in a 10 by 12 coop.

Krobin04- They get this by stepping on something sharp on the bottom of the foot then with walking and scratching the infection gets in the little puncture and becomes bumblefoot.

Back
Top Bottom