Bumblefoot or a Bruise?

amanda_rimo

Songster
Jun 21, 2023
Hi Everyone, we just noticed these marks on Dewey’s foot. Not sure if it’s just a bruise from her getting in and out of the nesting box and stuff, or if it’s bumblefoot. They don’t really seem to be scabs, but wanted to get some input on what everyone else thinks. Not sure how she got it either. We try to check her feet often.
image000000-jpeg.3595353
image000000.jpeg

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 33
Her feet look pretty good and I'm not sure what that is - not a scab, but just seems discolored. If she were my duck I would just scrub them a couple times a day with colorless iodine and a toothbrush (keeping her out of the water for 15 minutes or so afterwards while it dries). That has usually cleared up most beginning scabs in a few days for me.

Her feet look pretty good and I'm not sure what that is - not a scab, but just seems discolored. If she were my duck I would just scrub them a couple times a day with colorless iodine and a toothbrush (keeping her out of the water for 15 minutes or so afterwards while it dries). That has usually cleared up most beginning scabs in a few days for me.
thank you!

My ducks get them all the time. Bumblefoot happens when they cut their feet and it becomes infected. Most the time I leave them alone unless they start limping.
im just not sure if it is bumblefoot, or if its just a bruise from something

Back
Top Bottom