Bumblefoot or just injured foot?

Aug 25, 2017
My cockerel's foot is swollen and he is limping but there are no sores and the swelling isnt localised but i am a first time keeper and would love some advice! I have attached a few photos. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 11
That yellow band is suspiciously right at the beginning of the swelling, leading me to suspect it may have something to do with the condition of the foot. I would remove it, and see if that causes any improvement.

Soaking the foot in warm Epsom salt for fifteen minutes can help restore good circulation to the foot. After you dry the foot, check the bottom for any black scabs. If you see any, remove them and any pus attached. Spray the entire foot with Vetericyn, and keep the patient in a crate overnight in order to keep a close eye on him.

I was considering removing the yellow band as my Dad says it looks like a sprain and said Cockerel does tend to do acrobatics when hes excited with the ladies. I will try removing it and soaking his feet - would wrapping his foot help after soaking?

I don’t think wrapping it is a good idea if there is swelling it may cause circulation problems. If after a day or two you notice the swellings gone down you could wrap if you’re still worried about

Back
Top Bottom