Bumblefoot question

Thanks everyone with your input so far!! I plan on picking up some of the Blu-Kote if you all think it works better than the vetericyn. (I'm not sure where to buy clear iodine. I was able to pull out the plug on March 5th after her 20 min. foot bath...it started to bleed after so I just cleaned her up and sprayed with the vetericyn. I have been soaking and spraying everyday since but the spot on her foot is still swollen but she is walking better. How long does it take to heal??? I have been attending to her feet since March 2nd. Also should I take her to a vet to get an antibiotic for her or should I be patient a wait a little longer??

If at all possible I think I'd go with some antibiotics to help clear it up. Hers looks like a pretty bad case.

Blue Kote is pretty inexpensive so good to have on hand but get the dauber not the spray. That spray goes everywhere.

Well I took our Peking Vicki, to the vet this past week (Tues) and the vet didn't feel cutting her foot open was the best option...he didn't seem to optomistic about curing the issue. The decision was to begin her on antibiotics for 2 weeks and also a pain medicine for her slight limp (which she is not limping anymore) So far I have not seen any change in the areas that she has bumble foot except that the bottom of her foot sore has closed up on one of her feet but it is still swollen...I'm hoping that is good news?? She seems to be acting very normal and taking her meds well. I'm still soaking her feet in epsom salts when she comes in at night. We have many of her facebook fans praying for her and believe God can heal her for he is the Great Physician...prayers would be appreciated if any of you are prayer warriors...any other suggestions that would help with the healing process are welcome
thumbsup.gif

Well I took our Peking Vicki, to the vet this past week (Tues) and the vet didn't feel cutting her foot open was the best option...he didn't seem to optomistic about curing the issue. The decision was to begin her on antibiotics for 2 weeks and also a pain medicine for her slight limp (which she is not limping anymore) So far I have not seen any change in the areas that she has bumble foot except that the bottom of her foot sore has closed up on one of her feet but it is still swollen...I'm hoping that is good news?? She seems to be acting very normal and taking her meds well. I'm still soaking her feet in epsom salts when she comes in at night. We have many of her facebook fans praying for her and believe God can heal her for he is the Great Physician...prayers would be appreciated if any of you are prayer warriors...any other suggestions that would help with the healing process are welcome
thumbsup.gif
I will also pray for Vicki. But wanted to ask if your also using clear iodine on her bumbles along with the soaking? After soaking use a qtip to spread the clear or colorless iodine over the bumbles. After a few days you maybe able to gently remove the scabs so the pus inside which is solid will be able to be removed with sterile tweezers.

If you can get it opened enough, the stuff will probably work itself out, with the help of you soaking & cleaning... when it gets to the surface use tweezers to pull it out. It is very hard! Also you want to get it out asap so the infection doesn't run up the leg. My Pekin had a horrible case of bumble foot in December. Your baby look like she's got a pretty bad case. Here is the link to my experience & what finally came out of her foot! Hope your lovebird gets too feelings better soon!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1146927/i-hate-bumblefoot/30#post_18233499

Back
Top Bottom