Bumblefoot??

I've dealt with bumblefoot. As long as the footpads arnt swollen and no redness, dont mess with it. The scabs may disappear on their own in time. Inspect her feet again in about 5-7 days.
Use sandpaper on roosts to remove splinters and burrs, a couple swipes ought to do it. Also lower roosts if necessary.

I've dealt with bumblefoot. As long as the footpads arnt swollen and no redness, dont mess with it. The scabs may disappear on their own in time. Inspect her feet again in about 5-7 days.
Use sandpaper on roosts to remove splinters and burrs, a couple swipes ought to do it. Also lower roosts if necessary.
So don’t do anything??

Try to find the cause. Do you have sharp objects/edges that the feet could get cut on? Do you have an area of rocks the chickens are walking on?
Ok, the hen that it’s on likes to jump a lot could that be why?? I will have a look for any sharp objects or places where this could have happened thankyou

Ok, the hen that it’s on likes to jump a lot could that be why?? I will have a look for any sharp objects or places where this could have happened thankyou
Could be the issue is she doesn’t have soft landings and she is a big hen.
Your case doesn’t look to bad soaking won’t hurt anything if you want to give it a try. Could be you caught it as it’s going away and you have nothing to worry about.

Could be the issue is she doesn’t have soft landings and she is a big hen.
Your case doesn’t look to bad soaking won’t hurt anything if you want to give it a try. Could be you caught it as it’s going away and you have nothing to worry about.
Ok thankyou again, she is a fairly big hen I’ll try what i can but keep an eye on it. I want to try and keep it under control.

Back
Top Bottom