BUMP HUMIDITY?

KEarthman

Songster
Oct 27, 2020
Dry Incubating dark BCM eggs. On day 9. Would it be harmful to add just enough water to bump the humidity up to 35%? They're at 26-28% humidity.

You would only do a dry hatch if your ambient room air is on the higher side of humidity. That said it's recommended keeping a hatch between 35 to 45% humidity from day 1 to day 18 then upping it to 65 to 70% humidity.

We're in Tx and always dry hatch. Bought some higher dollar stuff from Stalling Farms. He was saying he gets his best results incubating BCM when he incubates at 35% humidity the entire 21 days. Have never tried that. Have always bumped the humidity to 65% at lockdown. Have some test eggs in already that are on day 9. We're wondering if it would be harmful in general to bump humidity this many days in? Thanks!

We're in Tx and always dry hatch. Bought some higher dollar stuff from Stalling Farms. He was saying he gets his best results incubating BCM when he incubates at 35% humidity the entire 21 days. Have never tried that. Have always bumped the humidity to 65% at lockdown. Have some test eggs in already that are on day 9. We're wondering if it would be harmful in general to bump humidity this many days in? Thanks!
It's still boils down to your ambient air, how warm and consistent the humidity is in the room where it's being incubated.

When your working with pricey eggs. You have to know what your doing and understand how your incubator functions. So you can get the best results. You shouldn't be second guessing on your methods.

Have some test eggs in already that are on day 9. We're wondering if it would be harmful in general to bump humidity this many days in? Thanks!
You are experimenting. My suggestion is to keep good records and see what happens. If you don't like the results try it again with other conditions and see what happens. By doing this I found that around 40% humidity worked best with my incubator my eggs, and my conditions. I have no idea what will work best for you.

Back
Top Bottom