Bunny Breeds

A mini lop is a lop breed that is bigger than a holland lop...i know weird name chices huh. Hollands are around 4-5 pounds. Mini lops around 6 llbs.

We have Netherland Dwarfs and English Angoras. English Angora's are high maintenance like a pp said. I love our ND's though. They stay small, are affectionate...give lots of kisses, and are litter box trained.
wink.png

really. hmmm maybe i want a ND do they come in black and white, white, or black? lol.

my baby was affectionate too. she used to lick my nose and my fingers and if i'd stick my head in her cage she'd reach up for kisses.
sad.png
i like little animals. lol

There are many breeds with great qualities ... we have several. Including some top English Angoras.

But, instead of looking for an animal to fit your predetermined ideas ... wait. Find the animal that bonds with you. This will make the best pet. Visit them all, hug them all and see who warms up the best. This is the same advice I give people purchasing a puppy. Take time ... the right animal will find you.

great idea dbunni!!!! thanks. i believe the first time i picked up my first bunny she didn't try to jump. she didn't even move away from me when i went to go pick her up. it was like it was just yesterday
sad.png
my poor sweetie

I've found that in general(not in every case) that the real small breeds,like the Polish are a bit more shy then the larger breeds.
My mini rexes are very friendly and dont mind being held. But by far,the best pet rabbits I've ever had,were New Zealands. They were very friendly, would hop around and follow me and would love to cuddle.
Of course it all depends on the rabbit itself.

A mini rex has my vote. Your bunny looks like it could have been a mini rex/mini rex cross.
No idea yet how to post pics or I would post the pics we have of some of his rabbits.
A neatherland dwarf can be a mean bunnybut they can also be super sweet. depends upon the breeder. We had 2 different ND's from 2 different breeders and the difference was night and day.

Go check out rabbitsonline.net lots of rabbit owners and breeders on there. lots and lots of info.

One thing you need to do is to do your research on the shelters(also goes for breeders too) you are purchasing a rabbit from. Make sure this bunny isn't exposed to diseases like the snuffles. A lot of shelters will treat them, and then resell them as 'cured' animals. Just be careful, and ask lots of questions. Make sure the bunny you chose has a clean bill of health by the rescues vet. If its been treated for things like the snuffles, then don't buy.

thank you chinbunny. i am not sure i will get it from a shelter. i want a baby so i can raise it my own way. the shelter thing was my grandma's idea. she's all about saving animals, not that i am not, buuuut i would like to raise my bunny myself self while it's a baby. i have done that with kitties my lily and my duckies. i trained one of my kitties to lay on my chest. he is about 5 and still lays on my chest to cuddle. also my duckies. i trained them to get in the tub themselves and get out themselves. i also trained my little boy to be a momma's boy lol. i trained my little mussie girl to be held and now she likes to sit on my lap and watch tv or listen to music. i love training my own pets.

thanks guys. i think i will look around and see what grabs my attention!! my little bunny sure grabbed my attention when i got her. i couldn't put her down. my parents were out of town when i got her so when they came home they were surprised with a bunny they told me i couldn't get haha. i said she just ended up on the door step with a bag of food and a cage
smile.png
they didn't believe me but they fell in love with her. she was too funny. she liked to hop on top her cage and my dresser and on the table down stairs. she was tooo cute

Back
Top Bottom