Bursting to tell - 2 lots of good news and I am psychic!

ejctm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
VILLAGE IN THE SHIRES
Hey Guys,

Been bursting to tell everyone, but not had pics so I wanted to wait until I could illustrate my news. Actually, STILL not got pics
hide.gif
but just had to post this anyway or I might explode with excitement
clap.gif

Two momentous events have occurred this week at Ducky Towers (my house
big_smile.png
)

Firstly, I got a new girly duck!
wee.gif

She is beautiful brown laced colour, a bit like a female mallard but darker, and with a white ring around her neck and white tipped wings. Indian Runner of course
wink.png
I will get photos of her as soon as I can, promise
smile.png

She has settled in fabulously with the others. Just popped her in the coop at night and they all came out together in the morning. She is only 5 months old and at the bottom of the pecking order, but happy and flirting with the boys already
roll.png
My other runners are 7 months old.

The second thing is weird and brilliant all at once. Last night I had a very vivid dream that I found the first duck egg in the coop. I remembered exactly where it was and how it was lying in the dream.

Mine are not laying yet and no eggs are really expected until the spring. It is arctic weather in Britain at the moment.

I went out this morning to collect the eggs, and (by now you are expecting this of course ....) I FOUND AN EGG!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

It was small and perfectly formed, lying exactly in the place and position that I had dreamed the night before. OMG, how strange is that! I swear I must be psychic or something. I have a lot on my mind at the moment with work and family, and certainly was not even thinking about the ducks or eggs when I went to sleep.

I had expected them to lay everywhere except in the nesting box, but there it was, hiding in the bedding with just it's pointy tip poking out. Right next to the dummy eggs I put in there about 2 months ago (to get them used to it!)

My son cracked it and baked it into a lovely chocolate cake today.Yum. The yolk was quite pale yellow (my hens eggs are orange yolked) and the white was firm and jelly-like not runny at all. It looked like a sweet little bantam egg. It was white, so I think it might be from my buff-coloured runner, as I am expecting the black one to lay greenish eggs. Not sure about the new girl though.

I am so proud of my ducky girls, whichever one of the three it was! I doubt it was the new girl, but you never know? I have seen the others mating with the boys but not her yet.

I am so excited
ya.gif
Can you tell??? lol.

wee.gif

b.hromada :

Congratulations! You should be egg-cited!
woot.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
Isn't it great? Enjoy!!!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you, thank you! I just know everyone here on BVC will understand the hysteria that comes with the first egg.

Everyone in the outside world would think I was crazy!
tongue2.gif
So I won't share it with them, lol!​

thumbsup.gif
on your new duck...
wee.gif
on your egg, im sure your eggcited
clap.gif
, I cant wait for my babies to lay their 1st. and I cant believe you typed out this great post and you didnt even post a photo
smack.gif

You know how much we all love photos . So going by the descripion of the duck, it sounds like an emery penciled Runner you got, oh I cant wait to see it, I have ordered some to come in the Spring from Holderreads. Ill have to
pop.gif
for those PHOTOS!!

Last edited:
I remember my FIRST egg.. i took it to work to show everyone... like they really cared LOL and I work with all men so Im sure they think Im Loony-Toons
lau.gif
gig.gif
CONGRATS !! fun isnt it !??!!??!!

Last edited:
Congrats!! That is SOOO exciting! As for being psychic, I can only quote the greats:

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in [modern man's] philosophy." (That's Hamlet to Horatio in Shakespeare's Hamlet--only Hamlet said "your philosophy.")

Pretty amazing stuff. I can't wait to see pictures!!

Thanks all you guys for being so enthusiastic for me! Nobody else could possibly understand
roll.png

I meant to take photos today, as I let them all free range in my front garden, which is a bird-free zone (except wild birds on the feeder). This is where I grow my plants and flowers. It is winter and I figured the garden could do with a de-slugging before everything starts to grow in the spring. They had a fun time digging through the grass and flower beds, and luckily there is not much damage they can do at the moment. Anyway, excuses excuses - it got too dark before I realised and I had to herd them back to their own area for bed. So did not get the camera out
hide.gif

I WILL, I PROMISE get some gorgeous pics very soon!

Back
Top Bottom