Butchering/gut photos

Pics
Although they have been raiding the bird feeder actually but I haven’t filled it in forever so I’m not really sure what they were eating ??? But whenever I let them out to free range they always run over there and scratch around under it so maybe that’s why. But they didn’t let Max close so idk.

@KDOGG331, sorry for your loss. :hugs great job on the necropsy.

Couple of questions...
How fat was he? Was their fat in his abdominal cavity? I ask because I am wondering if maybe the reason for his sudden decline could have been hemorrhagic fatty liver disease? Were those blood clots there when you opened him up?

Its hard to tell. He also could have started to bloat if it took you a while to process him. From cone to naked to empty belly for me is less than 10 minutes. Also, if he wasn't fasted first the intestines would be bigger.
Don't listen to her...her time frame is whacked. It wasn't long.

So, what makes a chicken fatty? Too much food? I know stupid? But I have heard to let them eat as much as they want, is this bad to do?
I think it’s treats but I haven’t fed them any in a while except one teeny handful of popcorn last week so I’m not sure. I think he must have found some stuff while free ranging. Idk what though.

@KDOGG331, sorry for your loss. :hugs great job on the necropsy.

Couple of questions...
How fat was he? Was their fat in his abdominal cavity? I ask because I am wondering if maybe the reason for his sudden decline could have been hemorrhagic fatty liver disease? Were those blood clots there when you opened him up?
Thank you :hugs

It didn’t look super fatty inside but I’m not really sure. I can look again. I have this pic but it’s not great. He was very heavy when I picked him up though but then his breast seemed bony/small when I plucked? So I’m not sure. That is a good thought but he was also like limping/could barely stand which I think is classic Mareks? So who knows. Im not sure if the clots were there before or not. I know when I cut off his leg it bled a lot so I don’t think so ? But maybe they just weren’t in that part.

38C5EAFF-46A3-4C3C-A2E5-FF6F5BBCB001.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom