Buttercups

Well..hopefully I will be getting some birds this Fall from Jason--but I don't know if I have that much patience! Lol.

I'm gonna go ahead and order birds from Ideal Poultry so I can compare their quality to birds that have been seeing the attention and 'improvement' from a breeder--I think this should be very interesting :) A lot of people insist that Hatchery birds pale in comparison to Breeder quality, but since the Bantam Buttercup was developed--and few breeders have taken up the challenge of perfecting their breeding-- it will be interesting to see what progress has been made/or lost.

Been a while since my last post. I just received my second batch of hatchery buttercups this week. One thing is for sure.. Heavy culling is needed with hatchery chicks. Most have incorrect combs, and leg color. And the spangling of the hens feathers needs work too.. But over all I'm happy with my birds. Will post pics soon ;)

Been a while since my last post. I just received my second batch of hatchery buttercups this week. One thing is for sure.. Heavy culling is needed with hatchery chicks. Most have incorrect combs, and leg color. And the spangling of the hens feathers needs work too.. But over all I'm happy with my birds. Will post pics soon
wink.png
I want to see some pics!!!

Cant post pics from my I-pad, and I don't need another app! Lol.

Has anyone tried to get into contact with Jason Branson at Rush County Poultry???? Wondering if he is still working with bantam butters.. Tried to contact him, and no response......

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I think we received a Buttercup cockerel as our rare exotic chick in my Dorking order from McMurray. He is chest-bumping with other chicks in the pen, has green legs, feet that are green on top, yellow on bottom, and looks exactly like their photo of a Buttercup chick. I can't tell anything about his comb yet.
Angela

Last edited:
Is this the general chat for Buttercups? I think I got two in my latest shipment, and I want to learn more about them...

They both look like this one:

I don't think those are buttercups. You should alredy be able to see the "buttercup" comb which may look like two side-by-side single combs, and their legs should be green-ish. If they do have the buttercup comb (and I just can't tell in this picture), then they might be buttercups and their legs may just take a while to turn.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom