Button/Coturnix Quail

clairedurrant

Chirping
Aug 30, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I recently hatched 2 Coturnix quail and sadly one passed away so I decided to buy 2 quail chicks for companions. These turned out to be button quail not coturnix!
They are getting on really well at the moment obviously 1 is a lot bigger than the other 2!
I am trying to plan ahead... all of them are super friendly with me and love cuddles at the moment which apparently isnt common with buttons they can be quite scared. I am aware that they all have different temperaments.
Will the trio be able to live together once they’re older? As there is only three I thought this would be ok if they were in a large hutch with lots of hidey holes for the buttons as I know they like that.
I have 5 coturnix outside but i think these three will be better off living separate to them. Advice is welcome 😁

I believe it depends on what sex they are.

Can you post pictures of each of the three?

They are only 6 days old so it’s hard to tell at the moment. I could put all 3 into the aviary I have outside if I introduce them really slowly? What do you think?

I've seen people keep them together before. It can work in some cases, but It depends on the individual birds. You might just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom