Button Quail for Sale (PA)

cuckleberry

Songster
Jan 7, 2019
SE Pennsylvania
Hello! So unfortunately due to complications at home, we have come to the conclusion to sell our button quail. (Excluding our tame one.) This is due to funds at home being low, and therefore not being able to provide for them properly. I've done my best to keep the roos and hens separated, but the roos still fight amongst each other. I feel guilty posting this as I was hoping to keep all of them, but stuff happened over the last month which has made things hard at home.

We have 4 hens and 6 roos. I can post pictures if necessarily.
Of the hens, we have one wild, two slate(?), and a white one. Of the roos, we have one wild, one white, a tuxedo, a red-breasted (pied), blue-faced, and a silver.

I live near Philly, which is a really awkward place try and sell poultry. I'm not concerned about money to be honest, as long as I can guarantee that they go to a good place. Putting them on craigslist worries me as I'm sure they'd be used as target practice.
I'm fine with giving away a few, or all of them at once. Aside from the fighting, they're healthy birds. The females have started to lay eggs (infertile).
If anyone's interested, or may know of a farm outside the Philadelphia area, that'd be wonderful. I do hope to rehome them soon as I can. I don't want them to fight to the point they kill each other.

I live in Lancaster county and while I can't get buttons right now (I can talk to my SO and see what he says about this though) I may be able to soon. How old are your birds, and how much are you selling them for? :)

(These would be our first quail, but I've done a LOT of research off and on for a few years, so if all goes well we might be able to give a couple of them a nice home.)

hi- a friend of mine is new to quail and is looking to increase the size of her flock. If you are still looking for a home for them she would likely be interested. She lives about 45 minutes NW of philly and we can certainly take a drive to you to pick them up. I am sure she would be willing to compensate you for them as well. She came across a few that needed a new home because the owner was overwhelmed and loves them!

@sueandthe6 and @mooreavians , thank for your interest! I want you both to have the chance to rehome these guys.
Our quails are about a month and a half. They aren't handled despite picking them up everyday when they were young. In terms on compensation, I think $3 per quail what people usually sell them for? I'm willing to meet half way (for both of you) so you don't waste gas.
I will note that of our quail;
Our white hen is the bully for the girls.
And our wild rooster is the bully for the boys. But it might be due to the small spaces they're in.

If you can give me a date, I can take time off. As of right now they still chase each other but they've done no major damage. I'll update this God forbid anything happens. I'm more than happy to hear that you're both interested as I want the best for these guys. No stress!

That all sounds perfect!!

I'm doing some prepping and ordering supplies today, so with any luck we should be ready to pick up a pair as soon as this weekend if that works for you! I talked with my SO and we can definitely make it happen. The enclosure for them is equal to 50G and will be naturalistic with real (bird-safe and pesticide-free!) plants and I think it'll be pretty incredible when it's done. :D

Even though the wild roo is a bully to other roos, I think that's my preferred color, and maybe he would calm down if he was with just a lady friend. I'm leaning towards either him or the red breasted, and the wild color hen. Would you be able to get pictures of those three so I can see what they look like? :)

@mooreavians
Wild Hen:
20190403_095108.jpg

Wild Roo:
20190403_095423.jpg

Red-breasted Roo:
20190403_095254.jpg

(I can post more if you need them!)

@sueandthe6 These guys may not be here by this weekend. If your friend is still interested please let me know!! We'd still have 7-8 quail available.

Attachments

• 20190403_095108.jpg
    20190403_095108.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 6
Sorry it took me a bit to reply, work has been exhausting and I've been busy getting ready for the quail!

The two wild color ones are PERFECT, oh my gosh they're adorable. I love the other roo as well but knowing that multiple roosters won't do well together, we'll stick to the first two.

I feel awful that it's on shorter notice now, but does this weekend, specifically Saturday, still work for you? I'm almost done setting up the new enclosure and I bought feed and other supplies the other day so we'd be ready when you are. If it's also possible (I'm not good with forums, unless by phone is better/preferred) we can message privately to work out a meeting place and exact details.

Back
Top Bottom