Button Quail pics please!(i have some now!!..pics page 7)

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
hi..i am very interested in getting some button quail....i was wondering if someone could please post some pics of them so i can see just how big/small they really are..so i can get an idea of what type of fencing/housing to use for them..etc...thanks, Wendy

Last edited:
noone has any pics!!??....
hit.gif

aww!!..so cute!!...yep!..i gotta have some now!...
tongue.png
..anyone else with pics of them?..thanks..
big_smile.png

OMG!!...
ep.gif
.... 2 adults fit in your hand!!..i have to have some now!...and those babies..size of your thumb!!....
love.gif
...i need an incubator!..what kind should i get, thats middle price line??...i know nothing about incubators....i wanna/gotta hatch them...Wendy(who's on a mission to hatch button quail eggs!..)

Adults
P7290081.jpg

(that's 1/4" hardware cloth they're on)

P7160013.jpg

IMG_1199-rs.jpg

Size comparison between coturnix (L) and Buttons (R)
P5210004.jpg

My favorite pic
exhausted.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

Buttons are sweet.
smile.png

Mrs. bird-brain....
love.gif
..SO CUTE!!....so what kind of incubator do i need?...and is that an adult button in your hand next to the coturnix?....
ep.gif
..they are so small and cute!!..do you have any eggs you want to sell?..heehee..
smile.png
..also, where do you get incubators?..tractor supply store??..i only want a small one..but i want it to be accurate on temp/humidty....any ideas?..thanks..

Truthfully, for the Buttons I use one of my Miss Prissy Chick-o-bators.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8510

I have paper fibre cartons that hold 50 eggs, and I just elevate one end of the carton, then elevate the other end, 3 times a day instead of a turner.

But you can use any incubator.
The temps and humidity are the same as chickens (forced air or still air), but they only take 16 days to incubate (stop turning on day 14).
You can get them online, at your local feed store, usually (we don't have a TSC here), or even on Craigslist in your area. I think for my first hatch I used an LG still air, and hand-turned.

I used an LG (bought at tractor supply) but honestly, if you go that route i'd reccomend also buying the sold separetly automatic turner..that way you dont have to turn the eggs yourself atleast 3 times a day (which fluctuates the humidity and temp while you're opening the bator to turn them). I am still using my LG still air and turning by hand, and let me tell ya, i've missed out on a lot of chicks not hatching because of needing to open the bator to turn by hand.

The annoying thing is the auto turner for LG is the same price as the incubator itself liek 41 and 41....so in all honesty if this was me....i'd just go all out and order a Automatic Turner Hovabator
smile.png
I plan to get one soon, but i plan to also still use my LG as well....i just hear theres better luck with the HOvabator and i can see why that'd be (seems to hold in temp and humidity better and the auto turner seems to work well for most).
smile.png

Yep, i must say that's an adult BQ in Miss Aks pic!
smile.png
Tiny huh!
big_smile.png
They're really cute and fun, glad you're so interested in getting them i've always wanted them, and their various colors just facinate me
smile.png

Niki

Back
Top Bottom