Button Quail Roo Lost His Wife, EMERGENCY LOOKING FOR NEW HOME WITH HEN

mooreavians

Chirping
Dec 30, 2017
I'm still in absolute shock as I write this. I had a pair of button quail for almost two years now, wonderful little birds, they were pair bonded and loved each other to pieces. Absolutely inseparable. Sometime last night, our little hen passed away of a prolapse. I didn't notice until this morning, 6:30 am, and I'm in shock. I just lost a beloved rat yesterday, pts for hind leg degeneration, and I can't even comprehend what to do right now.

The little rooster, Wasabi, panic-crows if I touch or move her little body, as in crows at the TOP OF HIS LUNGS without stopping, so I moved her farther into the enclosure. He stopped crowing immediately, but it's still dark and I don't know if he fully understands what has happened.

I don't know what to do with the little guy. He's in pieces. Button quail bond so deeply, they don't know what to do without their partner. Bibi needs a new home with someone who already has experience with button quail, and has a hen looking for a wonderful little rooster to call her own. I have no idea how Bibi will react to a new hen, unfortunately, so someone already with experience is very important. All I know is the little guy isn't okay like this and I don't know what to do.

We live in south-eastern Pennsylvania, willing to drive up to a couple hours to meet halfway if we have to for this little guy. PM me for more details, SERIOUS folks only please, I'm still grieving and I really just want our remaining little buddy to be okay and in good hands.

I'm so sorry for your loss, that must be so sad for your little boy and you. I'm in a similar predicament right now as a Serama died and I need to get the remaining one a partner quick. Can you get another hen?

Getting another hen is an option, but I don't think it's right for either of us. After losing our rats to old age issues so recently, I can't handle the endless cycle of getting new companions when one passes away, my heart can't take it. This happens with folks who have rats, they need a buddy, so when one passes away you get a couple more, and then when it happens again you get more, etc., and as much as I love the little quail I don't have the heart to have this inevitably happen again. They just bond SO deeply, I can't take going through this again. It's just...time for us to move on from buttons I think. I love them so much, I'm so happy to have gotten to known them, but a LOT has happened in life this past year, and I'm just not as resilient as I was before.

I wish you luck with your own situation, too, my condolences...I hope you find another friend for your serama soon. c:>

Back
Top Bottom