Button Quail

I have 14. I sell egg on ebay but am not selling any more until spring. It is getting to cold out to ship eggs anymore. I have mine in a 40 gallon aquarium in my sons room. They are so much fun to watch and listen to. They dont make much noise other then a few calls here and there. They do growl a lot from time to time. It sounds like bull frogs in the shallows of a couple ponds around us. They are pretty easy to hatch out to. I think I might try blowing out some of the eggs and selling them that way since I get 5 to 6 a day from them. The males all have little white bibs under their chins. I really love them and wouldnt mind making a larger aviary for them. Maybe this spring. Jenn

They have a little trio, looks like a pearl, lavender, and dark coloring. I'm not sure if that's the specific names, but when compared to guineas they're spot on. I went and checked 'em out. It's 1 male and 2 females, so a little trio. They said they were trying to sell them for $20 each, but since they haven't sold in the 2 months that they've had them, they'll sell them for $45 total. Does that sound like a decent price?

They are so cute. right near Yankee Candle is a butterfly conservatory and they have them running all around the place. They have a display of hatching eggs so there is always a few hatched, a few hatching, and a few eggs waiting for the day. DH said NO the second i saw them
roll.png

Quote:
Oh no you don't! Don't y'all get me started! I'm still working on sewing the chicken disguises I'm making for the ducklings that I'm (not allowed) gonna get.
Before too much longer of hanging around this forum the SO is gonna wish he had said yes to the horse I'm not allowed to have!

They are too cute!

I love being an enabler!!
lau.gif
I would offer 35 for the trio. The worst thing they can do is say no... THese birds are wonderful indo pets. I live in Iowa so I cant make those little out door aviaries for them, they would freeze in our cold weather. Here are a bunch of pics that I have of mine and the aquarium that they live in. I have some older plexy glass that I might try to make something out of, might go and get new too......Jenn
009-6.jpg
006-9.jpg

007-5.jpg
010-4.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom