You are correct. They DO rent hens as well as sell products. The other stuff they sell may work just fine and are quite inexpensive in comparison to the fence and gate. I actually bought from them over a very lauded fence company to support the family business...but it backfired on me. My Premier 1 fence is ROCKING...and keeping my hens safe.
Hold on a sec, you said they rent HENS??? That's a thing? Like "meh, I just want a chook for a month or two..."

Hold on a sec, you said they rent HENS??? That's a thing? Like "meh, I just want a chook for a month or two..."
Yes, they rent hens locally with a coop complete with feeder, waterer, organic feed & bedding all delivered by truck. Also rent a hatching setup.
Ideal for schools renting a hen setup for the school year, but is closed all summer, or hatching eggs for a spring teaching unit. Or for home schooling, etc. Believe it or not, some schools/camps have actually ordered eggs to hatch & then drop the chicks off at the local shelter!!! Or people buy their kids chicks for Easter & then take them to the shelter when they grow out of fluffiness. Or buy chicks thinking “free” eggs only to discover, duh, that tending animals closely resembles work. RentaCoop is a solution for those blunders.

But granted, renting doesn’t make financial sense if keeping chickens longterm.

I really dislike writing negative reviews....but, this company is making copycat type products that are far inferior (and causing injuries).

The Grandpa's style feeder is cheaper and has holes in the "step on" plate that birds get their toes stuck in. The port hole feeder traps birds and killed one of my juvenile (not a chick..she was 16 weeks old) hens. She could not get her head and neck out of the porthole.

The poultry netting and attachable gate is totally unusable. It sags and the poles are too flimsy to keep the netting off the ground (grounding out the fence and rendering it unusable). I tried to work with customer service at RentACoop ....sending them photos and solutions. They refused to send me more poles to try and get the fence to possibly work. Tyler at RentACoop said that of the 3500 fences they have sold....no one has ever asked for more poles.....and they wouldn't be sending me any, either. They told me to watch their videos and install it better. I watched the videos numerous times (before I even purchased the fence and gate.) installed, un-installed and re-installed it numerous times to try and make it work better. It needs stronger poles and MORE of them.

So, thank you for listening. I should have read more reviews before buying these products. I wanted to support RentACoop and their small family business and I got burned instead.

With that being said....I've had great success with Premier 1's products AND customer service.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON RENTACOOP.
I have the netting, and it works great. Maybe you got a bad batch? Customer service has been helpful for me, too. Sorry you are having such rotten luck!

I will say that the netting works best if it's a perfect square/rectangle. The kit cones with fiberglass poles to shore up corners. I also have netting from Premier and Strickline. Strickline is by far the best of the 3. But even they sag if not on perfectly level ground at 90° angles. I bought cheap fiberglass fence posts @ tsc for like $2 each and use them strategically on all 3 fences. We have very steep, uneven, wooded property. We use it to keep predators out with that thing kicking out 8k.

I dont like rent a coop because they gave me the run a round about a job and they hide extra fees in their shipping charges if you buy from their site. I find it unethical to your customers to do that.

I dont like rent a coop because they gave me the run a round about a job and they hide extra fees in their shipping charges if you buy from their site. I find it unethical to your customers to do that.
What kind of job? Like working there?

I've ordered directly from their site and there weren't any hidden fees. You pay for shipping if it's under $25 and taxes. Before you click on the complete purchase, the total cost is shown. I've bought different feeders from there and the only issue that I've had is wear and had to buy new.

I purchased a heated 2 liter waterer (with a brass nipple for rabbits) from rent a coop and it was terribly low quality. The main body was a white plastic that was ok and the nipple wasn't bad but the red plastic of the lid,bottom, and heating pad were flimsy like a dollar store toy or milk jug plastic. The lid actually got stress lines and almost broke just from pulling up on the tab to open it. The hole for the nipple comes untapped and they expect you to just force it into the plastic. No threads, no nut & gasket, or anything. It was impossible to assemble for this reason because the nipple goes in crooked and won't tighen and the lid was completely worn out after opening and closing 3 times because it stuck shut so tight but was too flimsy to open. Dozens of other reviews i read later claim theirs froze and busted at as little as 30f. After that there is no way I'd ever buy from them again. Luckily I went through Amazon so its already refunded and on its way back to whatever dumpster it came from. This company seems like a scam so I'd have no problem at all immediately going to the bank to file a chargeback if they give you any grief about a refund.

I know a majority of this thread was a while ago and mostly pertaining to their wire but has anyone else purchased their galvanized metal feeder & waterer? If you have other favorites what are they? (besides the Grandpa feeder I know that's a favorite)

I really dislike writing negative reviews....but, this company is making copycat type products that are far inferior (and causing injuries).

The Grandpa's style feeder is cheaper and has holes in the "step on" plate that birds get their toes stuck in. The port hole feeder traps birds and killed one of my juvenile (not a chick..she was 16 weeks old) hens. She could not get her head and neck out of the porthole.

The poultry netting and attachable gate is totally unusable. It sags and the poles are too flimsy to keep the netting off the ground (grounding out the fence and rendering it unusable). I tried to work with customer service at RentACoop ....sending them photos and solutions. They refused to send me more poles to try and get the fence to possibly work. Tyler at RentACoop said that of the 3500 fences they have sold....no one has ever asked for more poles.....and they wouldn't be sending me any, either. They told me to watch their videos and install it better. I watched the videos numerous times (before I even purchased the fence and gate.) installed, un-installed and re-installed it numerous times to try and make it work better. It needs stronger poles and MORE of them.

So, thank you for listening. I should have read more reviews before buying these products. I wanted to support RentACoop and their small family business and I got burned instead.

With that being said....I've had great success with Premier 1's products AND customer service.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON RENTACOOP.
I wish I had read this before purchasing the Electric Poultry netting from Rentacoop I also have the same problem, the fence sags incredibly, they definitely do not supply enough poles with their product, and their option of buying more of the their mini poles are very expensive. So it's definitely not you installing it wrong, it's the product.

Back
Top Bottom