Buyer grief, what would you do?

I think I'd rather take the negative feedback and add a note to it explaining what happened.

You are not mother nature and therefore, cannot control the weather. The fact that they were frozen is not your problem.

As for not marking on the box that they were hatching eggs, you did the right thing. If you would have, there was a much higher chance that they would not have reached her in tact. For some reason, marking "hatching eggs" on a box is like saying "kick me so I'll break". The postal system is infamous for that.

idunno.gif
It has always been my understand that when having eggs shipped there is NO guarantee that they will arrive intact, unscrambled and ready for the bator. I believe it a "take your chances" kind of transaction.

This is the clause I include in all my auction listings, including this one:

I cannot guarantee your hatch rate as there are too many variables once the eggs leave my hands. I can however guarantee that I will pack them very carefully to ensure the highest viability possible. I do not wash eggs as this affects hatchability in my experience. Hatching eggs is always a gamble, especially when shipped. Please, if you do not accept this, do not bid. I'll provide any help I can with the incubation process. I always ship eggs within 24 hours of receiving payment, by Priority or Express mail, at actual cost. Please note that payment is due within 24 hours to ensure I can send you the freshest eggs possible. Absolutely no E-checks. Thanks!

They were sent Priority with a 4x8" Priority label on the box.

In that case, she has no case.

She might have had a claim against the post office if they were late, but it doesn't sound like they were.

With feedback as an issue, I would give her a refund and be done with it. Since she obviously can't read, I wouldn't send her more eggs.

I did not think she was snippy. It is difficult to express what you want and not come across as looking like a bad guy..

personnally I would refund her money as she stated.. all you are out are the eggs.. a positive feedback coming out of this is worth waaay more than what a few bucks are at this point..

If you feel she is trying to pull a "fast one" just do not sell any eggs to her in the future..

that is what I would do..

Quote:
If you have this in your listings there is a good chance that if she does leave a negative, (ebay?) will remove it.

Mention this to her that is states clearly in the listing.
I agree.. when I have snippy customers, I will not be helpful when they are trying to get somthing that clearly you don't owe them.. Stick to your guns and take the bad mark... (then take it up with ebay)

Last edited:
This is what my response would be:

Dear purchaser,
I'm sorry that you are not happy with your eggs. I have no control over the post office or mother nature. I have successfully shipped eggs to others. This is the only time there has ever been a problem. I do not refund for shipping eggs because there are so many variables beyond my control, however, if you would like replacements, I would be happy to send more for just the cost of shipping. As for the negative feedback, I have worked in good faith and held up my end of the bargain. Any negative feedback you leave me will be unwarranted and will cause me to believe that you may warrant negative feedback as a buyer.
Sincerely,
Me

Last edited:
I would say that they where not marked well enough so it should be the responsibility of the seller to replace the eggs and mark the box appropriately to inform the postal workers of the need to NOT leave them out in the cold.

Back
Top Bottom