Buyer grief, what would you do?

Quote:
The P.O will not do a thing about eggs, insured or not. They will not refund for messed up eggs that are insured, even if they are decimated BY someone at the P.O

If you insure your packages (which I'm not sure with this kind you can) the buyer has to go to the PO to sign for it... Or just buy the sign option where they have to come in and sign for it...

Last edited:
Quote:
sorry, I have to agree with this post

when you are the shipper, you do all that you can to CYA.. a plain brown box ??? see what I mean??

attach a neon sign to it if you could

No harm in stating do not freeze.
do not bump, kick or stomp on.
then if it happens, you are off the hook..

The PO does not have a policy to stomp, bump, or kick, plain brown boxes. With the time they have they pretty much treat all packages the same. In most post offices there are cameras watching the sorters, and I highly doubt this takes place as a practice. As far as a &*%#* that would do those things that person would do it anyway as they are &*%#*.

Personally most people request replacement eggs as they want the eggs anyway. Sounds like a scam to me I would check the persons feedback left for sellers and see if they have a pattern of negatives.

BTW I all but stopped selling on EBAY and have moved my business to IOFFER. Ebay sucks!!

Ask him/her to return the eggs and you'll refund the price of the eggs minus the shipping. Since they don't want to reincubate. Or offer to send more eggs when the others in the incubator are done.

Quote:
sorry, I have to agree with this post

when you are the shipper, you do all that you can to CYA.. a plain brown box ??? see what I mean??

attach a neon sign to it if you could

No harm in stating do not freeze.
do not bump, kick or stomp on.
then if it happens, you are off the hook..

And then you have the people getting a box that's kicked and stomped on saying "Don't EVER write stuff like that on the box! Leave it plain or you're just asking for it to get abused!"

You cannot win. You just can't.

this is true, but your @$$ is still covered..

Quote:
And then you have the people getting a box that's kicked and stomped on saying "Don't EVER write stuff like that on the box! Leave it plain or you're just asking for it to get abused!"

You cannot win. You just can't.

this is true, but your @$$ is still covered..

How? The refund, if any, would still have to come out of your pocket. You pay for the insurance just to say insured on it...not sure what good that does. All it does for me as a mail carrier, is means it's something that I have to scan. The P.O will let you insure eggs, BUT they won't actually compensate if something goes wrong with them.

BTW, someone else said people have to sign for insured packages. That's only over a certain $ amount (the green insurance slips, for anyone that needs to know, not the black ones).

Back
Top Bottom