Buying a vacuum, best one for pets?

krcote

Songster
11 Years
May 21, 2008
Concord, NH
I like cannister but DH likes upright- what are you all using that is the best of either? Needless to say we have lots of dog and cat hair on floors and furniture. Need something that does all surfaces well. Thanks!

Don't know how it would be for pets because we don't have any inside, but Dyson's are awesome. We have one and it gets sooooo much junk out of the carpets. It's amazing.

I can't get our pets to use either one.

hide.gif

I have a *very expensive* Kirby. It does it's job very well. You can buy a "hard floors attachment" or whatever, but I just use the hose and the drapes attachment, and it works to pull all the cat hair out of the corners and cracks in my wood floor no problem. It also comes with a shampooing attachment, but that sort of sucks so we don't really use it that often.

Dyson, but get one that has self-propulsion. We went for the one that was a little cheaper and while it works incredibly well, it is a pain to push around. It is difficult enough that my kids literally aren't able to vacuum.

I have a Rainbow that works really well on pet hair. Iit uses water instead of a filter. So, everytime I vaccum I have to go dump it out in the compost pile. I can't put it in the toilet because there's always a lot of hair. I have 1 dog and 2 cats. I liked my upright because I could just vaccum and go on with my day. No dumping until it got full. The only problem was, it didn't really get anything clean!

Back
Top Bottom