buying chicks from tractor supply?

My various pullets will be arriving in May at my post office. Interestingly, they can guarantee pullets from all but the Welsummer which can only be purchased in a "straight" run, meaning you will likely get hens and roosters. Elena

Went to the tractor supply in Woodland, they had 2 bins of chicks and one bin of ducks. One been had cornish X and was labeled correctly, the second bin had a all reddish chick, yellow chick and a chipmunk looking chick. The signs said Red indian watefowll, leghorn and production red. I asked the employee where was the waterfowl, he said there, I said where. He says the red ones, I tell him waterfowl are ducks or geese. He says that's what the box said, I explain to him that the production reds are the red chicks, the yellow chick are leghorn and the chipmunk striped chick are most likely Indian games. He says they have to write whats on the box, then they tell a lady that the pekin and runner ducks will migrate and they should have netting over the top of her pen. Go figure! The chick and duckling all looked srtong and healthy, you just got to do a little homework before you purchase anything from there,
lau.gif
I don't know why but that sounds so true at times I guess ignorance is bliss
Did you inform them that these are not migrating ducks unless someone counts
crossing the yard as migrating oh I really had to stop laughing after reading what
you put down but it just goes' to show ya how hard it is to find good help ......
hmm.png

Most of the store people don't know much about animals. But, they order the chickens and pullets from top quality hatcheries. So, I don't mind. They can find someone to answer the questions.

Went to the tractor supply in Woodland, they had 2 bins of chicks and one bin of ducks. One been had cornish X and was labeled correctly, the second bin had a all reddish chick, yellow chick and a chipmunk looking chick. The signs said Red indian watefowll, leghorn and production red. I asked the employee where was the waterfowl, he said there, I said where. He says the red ones, I tell him waterfowl are ducks or geese. He says that's what the box said, I explain to him that the production reds are the red chicks, the yellow chick are leghorn and the chipmunk striped chick are most likely Indian games. He says they have to write whats on the box, then they tell a lady that the pekin and runner ducks will migrate and they should have netting over the top of her pen. Go figure! The chick and duckling all looked srtong and healthy, you just got to do a little homework before you purchase anything from there,

Pity the poor soul who goes to buy a few chicks and is at the mercy of the TSC experts!

My tractor supply gets their chicks in on Monday I can't wait they are usually really good with knowing the chicks at my tsc post pick of your babie guys I would love to see !!!! :yiipchick

I was anxious to start and since most of our feed stores didn't get their chicks till March I found a reputable vendor at our flea market in Waldo Florida. I got 10 black sex link and 1 red sex link. They were a week old and are now 4 weeks old and going strong! Just started giving them treats and now they are spoiled. Cant go near their pen without them begging for treats.

Back
Top Bottom