Buying eggs

wilclan777

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 15, 2013
Virginia
I am new to raising chickens, and I am getting a chicken coop for Christmas. I want to hatch my own chicks as a school project for my homeschooled children, but I am only getting eight eggs and I have a very specific list of breeds i want. Is there somewhere that i can buy 1 egg of each breed I want, and still buy less than 15?

If your purchasing shipped eggs then you should take into account that the hatch rate will be lower than fresh local eggs. Say you did purchase 15 eggs and they were shipped, an optimistic hatch would be 6-7 and for my postal service area lower than that. You just can't count your chickens until they hatch as the saying goes.

Here on the eggs for sale thread there are several people who raise and sell multiple breeds and offer a mix of those hatching eggs. You could find a person with the breeds you want or at least will settle for and private message them or write directly to that sale thread asking them how they'll work with you for # of eggs and specific breeds you want from them.

Back
Top Bottom