buying feed from a feed company Much cheaper but is it better?

littlequail21

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 12, 2011
with the price of feed going up and owning so many birds i have found a feed mill that sells there own feed. they do many livestock feeds and am Quickly buying 95% of all my feed there. i have had No problems, and i find the feed to smell sweet i like the size of the pellet/crumble and my chickens Seem to do great on it. However it is indeed Medicated. but for the price i cant beat it. its medicated with Amprolium used to help with coccidiosis. now they sell "Layer" and "20% starter grower" and i would like to know if i can also use this feed for ducks and geese, and yes i could ask the company, but of course they will say yes so i want to ask you. here is the Analysis of the 20% starter/grower

crude protein...........not less than 20.00%
crude fat...................not less than 7.50%
crude fiber.............not more than 6.00%
calcium.................not less than 0.50%
calcium.................not more than 1.00%
phosphorus........not less than 0.50%

Medicated with amprolium..........0.1375%

and now i came up with a even better idea as i write this out, scan it. let me know if you think this is a good idea and can i feed this to ducks or geese.

as for price this is $10.50 per 50 pounds

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/snakegirlBannermaker/syfrettfeedco.jpg

from what the tag says on your feed sack.it looks tobe a real good feed.an the protine level is real good.i dont see why you cant feed it to your geese.

this is the starter grower, i yet to get a tag for the layer pellets, but i really do like this feed.

Since waterfowl consume more food than chickens they could consume a lethal dose of some older medications. Amprolium is the most common coccidiostat used now & it is not harmful to waterfowl.

Back
Top Bottom