BYC Android App!!!!

I am all for an app! I can't always be near my computer but my phone never leaves my side. Getting instant access to my threads, posts and information from this site would be amazing!

-Thoune Family

As a test I tried uploading a post from the mobile browser and failed twice. I had to transfer picture to my laptop then edit the post to include the intended pictures. This does appear to be a shortfall/issue on the mobil browser app, FireFox was used in an Android phone where most of my chicken pictures are.

Hey everyone, great discussion! We appreciate the feedback and definitely want to do what is best for the community!

When evaluating our big projects, honestly, it comes down to cost and time. We can see on the backend statistics of the site how many people are viewing BYC and how active they are using different platform (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Microsoft, etc.)

We review these stats, the quantity of visitors, how active they are in posting, etc. and then we review the cost and time associated with developing an app (not cheap or easy). In the case of an iPhone app, there was a LOT of activity to justify the allocation of resources to develop the app.

An android app isn't totally off the table, but based on our research it also isn't something that is yet a high priority.

One main question for those wanting an Android app: What is it that you think the Android app would do / have that the mobile version of the site does NOT have or do?
I can't post pictures from the mobile Web Site! :, (

I would use it, but i have all my accounts linked and i get notifications in that email on my Samsung, i click the thread and it goes straight to BYC, although i do have to sign in to BYC post comments. It would be nice if it was a pages manager like facebook has.

I found that my galaxy note 3 has no issues uploading pics to posts. I had a iPhone before this and it was garbage for the mobile site. I still would prefer to have an android app though!

Back
Top Bottom