Announcement BYC Android Mobile App - BETA

I get thosw pop up spam things all the time but not on the app. On the site. But my dad gets them too and he doesn't use BYC so we thought it was our internet or something maybe.

I haven't gotten the FB one though, usually it's Amazon or your galaxy has viruses etc

We're unable to track down the rogue ad that is causing this, but we're still looking. If anybody else has problems with ads, please reply here with a screenshot, the time you saw the ad, and the time-zone you are in.
Yesterday I got one that was “Amazon” similar to what was posted above. If I get another one, I will screenshot and post.

I just got one just now and it was while on my iPad which is just using the browser when logging on to this site.
7:30 am est using safari.

52F8FFB2-CD10-4B79-ADD4-EE2517014713.png

I got the Facebook one again today but this time using a browser not the app. I never got these before downloading the app. I've uninstalled the app and ran a scan on my phone. The scan came back with no threats. So we'll see if the redirect comes back now with the app gone.

Ok it's been 2 days now with fairly heavy usage (I'd come to BYC ever chance I'd get on my phone). I read, scrolled, used countless link, searches, the whole 9 and have yet to get the redirect since removing the app.

Ok it's been 2 days now with fairly heavy usage (I'd come to BYC ever chance I'd get on my phone). I read, scrolled, used countless link, searches, the whole 9 and have yet to get the redirect since removing the app.

Thanks for the update! So, you were getting the redirects on the app but not on the mobile version of the site on your phone's browser?

Thanks for the update! So, you were getting the redirects on the app but not on the mobile version of the site on your phone's browser?
Got the redirect on the mobile app and the mobile browser (both on my phone). Still cannot say 100% if they were connected, but I never got a redirect at all until after I got the app. And, as of today, I haven't gotten it since i removed the app. I almost exclusively browse BYC on my phone and occasionally on my desktop. I plan to reinstall the app again tomorrow and see if the problem comes back. I know this is anecdotal at best, but I want to let you know what I see.

We've been working with our advertising partners and they said that they've had a few reports of a couple of these ads sneaking through Google's filters. It's been happening on a handful of sites. They may have blocked them right around when you uninstalled the app. Technically, whatever you see / happens on the browser should also be the case on the app, and vice-versa.

Back
Top Bottom