BYC Blackout???

Status
Not open for further replies.
btw where r the severs located? when it was out and i try to get in my first though was hurricane or ST took out the power.
also by mail the severs was out about 5 hrs. now my mail is pop up very 5 seconds
tongue.png

Quote:
I didn't understand a word you said, but, hopefully it won't happen again!
big_smile.png

Ondra's Seramas...te he he...my thoughts exactly. "Something, something, computer lingo, something, fixed!" Thanks for the update! (I really DID understand it!) We can all wipe our brows knowing our actions didn't cause it. Now I just wish I spent my time away from BYC a little more wisely like the rest of you. Nah...the dishes and laundry can wait!

yuckyuck.gif

Honestly, this was a very rare event. When we've had problems in the past it was because of things like server upgrades, programming problems, etc. This is the first time in YEARS that there has been a problem at the facility location. We pay a bit extra to be with a really good company on really good hardware with really good technicians on staff 24/7, but even then stuff happens.

Heck, if Google, Facebook & Twitter can have downtime and problems with their millions of infrastructure $$$, then I think we can be excused for having a tiny bit of downtime.
big_smile.png
wink.png

Quote:
I think I've seen Blogger having problems more often than I've seen BYC having problems.
lol.png

Quote:
Of course. My parents have a software company that helps people with... Well... I'm a science/math geek not a computer geek (and folks, there is a difference!). All I know is that servers screw up a lot. At the worst possible time.

(I do know a little about coding, though. A couple of comp sci courses took care of that.)
wink.png

Quote:
I didn't understand a word you said, but, hopefully it won't happen again!
big_smile.png

Ondra's Seramas...te he he...my thoughts exactly. "Something, something, computer lingo, something, fixed!"

It is called "geekinese"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom