Solved Some thoughts about the article section

Sussex19

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jul 3, 2022
NSW Australia
I don't know if anyone else has this problem, or if its only me, but I have big problem with reading articles.
My internet tends to be slow, and because all the articles have so many pictures in them it takes about 5 minutes for just one page to load. If I were to know exactly which article I was looking for, I could just search for it, but I would like to be able to just browse them.
I was just wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of index or something, where it just shows the title, rather than the whole thing? Or a bit like with gmail, it has an option to load basic view for slow internet?
I have no idea if this is possible, or if anyone else would find it useful.

I don't think there is a way to only show an index etc., for just some users and everything for others, but we'll look into it.
Not currently, its only admin configurable to set a specific layout type for all viewing users.

With that said, I've recently developed a system for my Classifieds Software that lets the viewing user set the default layout type for the Ad Listing pages and am considering doing the same for my Articles Software. This way, members that might live in Rural Areas that don't have 5g, could choose to view the article listing in List View vs Grid View, Tile View, Article View etc, which would be faster loading. They'd also be able to "quick switch" the layout type when they are on other devices like viewing with a Tablet at home with faster speeds and might want to see the article lists in Article View or Grid View or Tile View.

I am also developing a image-less layout type, which will load super fast and would be nice for members to be able to choose that as their default layout type.

Anyway, just wanted to reply to this to let you know that something is in the works :)

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, or if its only me, but I have big problem with reading articles.
My internet tends to be slow, and because all the articles have so many pictures in them it takes about 5 minutes for just one page to load. If I were to know exactly which article I was looking for, I could just search for it, but I would like to be able to just browse them.
I was just wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of index or something, where it just shows the title, rather than the whole thing? Or a bit like with gmail, it has an option to load basic view for slow internet?
I have no idea if this is possible, or if anyone else would find it useful.
What type of device are you browsing the internet on(PC, MAC, Android Phone, Etc) and what browser are you using(Edge, Safari, Chrome, etc)?

I may be able to help you out if you can provide that information to me. 💪

What type of device are you browsing the internet on(PC, MAC, Android Phone, Etc) and what browser are you using(Edge, Safari, Chrome, etc)?

I may be able to help you out if you can provide that information to me. 💪
Thanks!
I am using a hp laptop, running Edge. Just for interest (I don't really know what is considered good or bad?) I just did a speed test.
1691730705041.png

Back
Top Bottom