BYC Café

That's okay, I'll Google it or use the game cookbook! I just thought someone might have a favorite recipe or something instead before looking in the cookbook or Google ha

But yeah i figured Ron might have one or maybe someone from further out west where elk are? Is Margie out there?

Has anyone ever had it at least? Slightly scared to try it but tbh I don't know why. They had wayyyy weirder meats there. Like alligator, ostrich, kangaroo, wild boar, etc. etc. So we got fairly tame/common ones yet here I am worried about it :lau
I have not cooked much elk. It is lower in fat so you have to slow cook it or only to Med rare for loin cuts.

I hope it is tasty!

I love duck, and I also love game.

Spouse is great at cooking low and slow.

We also often smoke first, then finish up in the oven.

Toss a cream sauce on top, and :drool

Duck breast, especially from a store, is probably young, so you don't have to cook it low and slow like the elk. Think of it like a filet minion. So, any recipe that asks for a lean super quality cut of beef will work with duck breast.

Duck is great depending what is has been eating you bought the meat at a butcher shop
should be fine

I had duck at a chinese place. Much prefer chicken, but i like white meat.

The genes that cause similar defects are all on different alleles across different species, breeds and even color varieties. What causes hip dysphasia in German Shepherds is not what causes it in Poodles.

As far as crested breeds, some of them get a double top knot (vaulted skull is the more common phrase) which has an extraordinary crest as a result, but makes for a really thin skull layer which makes the brain vulnerable to pecks the same way that vaulted skull chihuahuas are (the AKC kind know as Apple heads).

I love duck, and I also love game.

Spouse is great at cooking low and slow.

We also often smoke first, then finish up in the oven.

Toss a cream sauce on top, and :drool

Duck breast, especially from a store, is probably young, so you don't have to cook it low and slow like the elk. Think of it like a filet minion. So, any recipe that asks for a lean super quality cut of beef will work with duck breast.

Thanks for all the info on the duck!

I think it said it was Pekin duck and I think it's from a local farm

Coffee is brewed, good morning, Café. All this talk of cooking. How about baking some goodies for the Café?

Morning everyone, thanks for the coffee Sour!

There's plenty of baking going on over at the Any Home Baker's thread. I'm working on more cookies today. Think I read you made a bunch yesterday too, right?

Back
Top Bottom