BYC Café

Morning! About 3 inches of snow, not sure if we will get the storm total. It is still snowing but not hard and it feels cold. DH and I were using the tractor to load logs onto the sawmill yesterday. We got quite a few cut before the temperature started to drop, right around 3:30 PM. He was a tired boy with all of that outside time! We had a crew of people there to help with the boards for picnic tables, signs, shelves, benches, hearth decoration, and a kitchen countertop. There was a trailer of unspecified wood to go off and dry for later use. The next time we run the mill, there will be logs cut for us; flooring in the living room. We are going to put in a rustic floor there and the Ponderosa is a nice dense wood for pine. Some of these logs border on mahogany style dense. My neighbors are way cool and I love that way we all pitch in to get stuff done up here,
That sounds fantastic Margie! The wood sounds absolutely gorgeous.
You can even make use of the trimmings from the logs. That's how I made my pigs' housing area. Going to use some again for my new coops this year too. Waste not... you know the rest.

:hugs good to know.

So he is breathing well?

Has his stay been like a roller-coaster ride? Or a slow and steady improvement?

It's been steady, so that's a relief. When they tried him off the cpap at the other hospital he never had to go back on.
But he still thinks he should be fed passively, and isn't quite strong enough to feed more then once a day independently. But as he gets older and stronger he should be able to increase that, and once he's got the hang of it he can go home!
Hard to say how long that will be though.

Back
Top Bottom