BYC Café

It can be managed without; my best friend growing up was on medication but I believe she's not taking anything any more.
If it's not particularly obvious, then there are probably various techniques to help you out without taking drugs.
If you've ever known someone with ADHD you would have a good idea of what this type of diagnosis looks like. It has definitely been over-diagnosed in the past few decades, but with someone who is truly suffering it affects every aspect of their life.
Growing up with her was a bit of a challenge, but I was a good compliment to her personality - well I tried anyway :)

It can be managed without; my best friend growing up was on medication but I believe she's not taking anything any more.
If it's not particularly obvious, then there are probably various techniques to help you out without taking drugs.
If you've ever known someone with ADHD you would have a good idea of what this type of diagnosis looks like. It has definitely been over-diagnosed in the past few decades, but with someone who is truly suffering it affects every aspect of their life.
Growing up with her was a bit of a challenge, but I was a good compliment to her personality - well I tried anyway :)
Yes too many kids were just put on drugs because they were acting like kids and it was easier. They tried hard to put my youngest brother on meds, but eventually they figured out he did not have adhd, he had some other letters jumbled together that basically meant he was a daydreamer....i swear there is a diagnosis for everything. I probably had it too, they just yelled at me to get my head out of the clouds.

I remember when my older sister brought home a note from the teacher. She said my sister looked out the window too much. Duh!

My teacher complained that I had to use the restroom too often. My doctor had to send a note so I was allowed to "go" when I needed to. Teachers were really cranky way back then.

Al - I just heard about the quake. I hope everyone is ok! That was a really big One!

ever since the big quake of '64 everything up here has been built very well. So usually the only issue is if your well shifts. Which of course is horrid... but not life threatening.

Tsunamis are bad though... but my house is at 1,300 feet.

doesn't need to mean that

yep... at this point there are lots of helpful things out there. .. some great management helps etc.

Back
Top Bottom