BYC Café

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the coffee. I bought a cheese making kit off of Amazon and it should be here today.
:wee
I thought it would be a great project until I can get outside again. Now I just need to go buy some milk....but we are due a grocery shopping trip soon.
Oh that should be fun! @ronott1 is making cheese too. You guys could probably give each other lots of tips.

Al is right. I'm paying a mortgage and utility bills on a place that has been sitting empty for 6 months. Every time I suggest going to pack up etc. CJ always comes up with a reason why I need to stay out here.

Oh that should be fun! @ronott1 is making cheese too. You guys could probably give each other lots of tips.

Al is right. I'm paying a mortgage and utility bills on a place that has been sitting empty for 6 months. Every time I suggest going to pack up etc. CJ always comes up with a reason why I need to stay out here.

Spring is coming, that's usually a good time to sell a house. Hope it goes well for you, it would be nice to be out from under an extra house payment.

Good morning everyone. Thanks for the coffee. I bought a cheese making kit off of Amazon and it should be here today.
:wee
I thought it would be a great project until I can get outside again. Now I just need to go buy some milk....but we are due a grocery shopping trip soon.

I'd like to hear more about the kit you got Organic. Do you have to use raw milk to make the cheese?

I'd like to hear more about the kit you got Organic. Do you have to use raw milk to make the cheese?
No! I just found out about a week ago, you can use pasteurized milk to make cheese, complete game changer for me. I do not really have access to raw milk...at least no where close, and no time to add a dairy cow to my list of chores (maybe once i have no more babies).
The only thing I was told to watch out for was ultra pasteurized milk, apparently you cannot make anything from that.

No! I just found out about a week ago, you can use pasteurized milk to make cheese, complete game changer for me. I do not really have access to raw milk...at least no where close, and no time to add a dairy cow to my list of chores (maybe once i have no more babies).
The only thing I was told to watch out for was ultra pasteurized milk, apparently you cannot make anything from that.

Good, I'd wondered about that as raw milk isn't easy to find here either. What kind of cheese are you going to start with?

I bought a kit, but I think all I really needed was renet and calcium chloride. But I figured the kit would be a good jumping off place

All the best with the house-prep @Michelle Farmer-Brown . It's such a big stressful job but what a relief when the whole process is over!

And cheese-making was always on my list. Bought cheese cloth years ago with the intention...but it just never happened. One day perhaps! Can't wait to see your finished product when it's all done @OrganicFarmWife !

Back
Top Bottom