BYC Café

My poor friend is 30 and has the eyes of a 90 year old (who has poor eye sight):( Her glasses were so expensive that they gave her prescription sunglasses at half price (could have been 80% off but I can't remember).

Despite both my parents having glasses since a young age, I've so far escaped needing any.
I did not need glasses either...Until I turned 48. Now I need glasses for reading

Yea, I used a lot of it in swimming pool filters back in the early 70's. Never heard of it being good for anything else.
Oh we use it in our grain bins. It kills the insects, keeps our grains from being eaten. But I do think people over use it, thinking it is a magic bullet. It is awful on your lungs

Oh we use it in our grain bins. It kills the insects, keeps our grains from being eaten. But I do think people over use it, thinking it is a magic bullet. It is awful on your lungs
DE can work when dry but not when wet.

The best use I have for Food grade DE is boosting calcium deficiency quickly. It is easily absorbed and has some calcium in it.

I have gotten along without glasses all my life except for the last few years I've had to start using some cheap reading glasses from Walmart. Just hoping I can pass the eye test when I go for my driver's license renewal this summer.
They usually only test distance vision which is usually fine if you only need reading glasses

Yeah, it's usually pretty easy. My mom usually has pretty bad eyes and uses several pairs of glasses (we always say just buy good ones lol) and she was like almost annoyed how easy it is. You just read like a number or letter i think. And i think they have a color blind one which idk is really fair but yeah.

Every day is pretty much the same in the woods. And no newspapers either.

The computer doesn't have a date on it?

But that's okay, I have forgotten the date/day of the week before too. Especially over winter break when I just sat around for a month. Or like when I was watching NCIS every single night all 14 seasons on Netflix (gotta find 15, current one, elsewhere), got pretty repetitive and easy to forget lol

And I am connected to my phone or some sort of device practically 24/7.

Now that I've started classes I know what day it is usually cause I'm on a schedule now.

DE can work when dry but not when wet.

The best use I have for Food grade DE is boosting calcium deficiency quickly. It is easily absorbed and has some calcium in it.

Yeah, I hear people say eating it can clear out your gut/detox and stuff cause the particles are so sharp and I believed it but I think it was my dad who pointed out it's not sharp when it's wet and goes through you LOL

But inside a grain bin or inside a coop wouldn't it work? All inside and dry.

I heard you can dust chickens with it too?

But I heard that lime works just as well, all the same uses (except eating I guess), and is safer for the birds and probably us.

Yeah, it's usually pretty easy. My mom usually has pretty bad eyes and uses several pairs of glasses (we always say just buy good ones lol) and she was like almost annoyed how easy it is. You just read like a number or letter i think. And i think they have a color blind one which idk is really fair but yeah.

The computer doesn't have a date on it?

But that's okay, I have forgotten the date/day of the week before too. Especially over winter break when I just sat around for a month. Or like when I was watching NCIS every single night all 14 seasons on Netflix (gotta find 15, current one, elsewhere), got pretty repetitive and easy to forget lol

And I am connected to my phone or some sort of device practically 24/7.

Now that I've started classes I know what day it is usually cause I'm on a schedule now.

Yeah, I hear people say eating it can clear out your gut/detox and stuff cause the particles are so sharp and I believed it but I think it was my dad who pointed out it's not sharp when it's wet and goes through you LOL

But inside a grain bin or inside a coop wouldn't it work? All inside and dry.

I heard you can dust chickens with it too?

But I heard that lime works just as well, all the same uses (except eating I guess), and is safer for the birds and probably us.
It can only word for soft skinned bugs. fly larvae but not flies. Snails and slugs outside but not if it is wet. It has very limited uses for bugs. For example, it cannot kill mites because they are hard skinned. It might kill might larvae but those are hidden deep in cracks where DE cannot go.

Back
Top Bottom