BYC Café

Morning everyone did not even get out of bed till 10 am.. I am turning the corner 4 pills to go I can take a breathe and not hawk up a hair ball :gigWent to the coop first time in 4 days, The James was with carrying the way to full bowl of watermelon for the birds I cleaned two tables filled 4 feeders.. I really need to update photos of the main coop use to have tables out in the middle they are now against the walls new nesting boxes 30 gallon tote boxes they where like 4.95 I picked up 5

Morning everyone did not even get out of bed till 10 am.. I am turning the corner 4 pills to go I can take a breathe and not hawk up a hair ball :gigWent to the coop first time in 4 days, The James was with carrying the way to full bowl of watermelon for the birds I cleaned two tables filled 4 feeders.. I really need to update photos of the main coop use to have tables out in the middle they are now against the walls new nesting boxes 30 gallon tote boxes they where like 4.95 I picked up 5
Good news on getting out to the coop!

So sorry you lost those beautiful birds. I often thought about whether varmints might bite toes through the wire. Seems like so far the predators here mostly stay down by the river. I did have one guinea hen disappear without a trace.
The smaller wire doesn't let the poo fall through. I use it for chick brooders. I was thinking maybe close in the part under the cages with wire, and a door added down there for clean out.
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe putting a "false bottom" on the brooders. 1/2" for walking on , then 1/4" below that maybe 2 or 3 inches. Adds a lot of cost but in my case the best alternative.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe putting a "false bottom" on the borders. 1/2" for walking on , then 1/4" below that maybe 2 or 3 inches. Adds a lot of cost but in my case the best alternative.
I was thinking of that after the coon killed a quail in my barn( i was out and hubby doesn't close stuff up:th:rant:barnie)

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe putting a "false bottom" on the brooders. 1/2" for walking on , then 1/4" below that maybe 2 or 3 inches. Adds a lot of cost but in my case the best alternative.
Well if there is space between, why do you need 1/4", they can't get their paws in there with 1/2 " and the toes are not that long, right?

Back
Top Bottom