BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. N F C

N F C just 1 more cup pls Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sounds like a memorable holiday for you Scott. Hope it gets better!

2. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Someone once said, "You know you've eaten too much for Thanksgiving, when you have to let out your bathrobe." Stretchy pants don't sound bad with that thought in mind.

3. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC

Your day sounds a little like one we had a few days ago. My SUV had been making a racket from somewhere in the front end for quite a while; we finally got it in the shop on Monday. Hubby and I had been debating whether it was a bearing or the brakes, turns out I was right - it was both. Since my wheels were going to be in the shop overnight, I asked my son to run by the feed store for me and pick his sister up from school. Not long after he had left, he called me from the feed store parking lot - His Bronco was sitting there in a cloud of its own steam. So there we were; my son stranded in Castle Hayne, my daughter stranded at school, me stranded at home - my husband's box truck was suddenly our only functional vehicle (riding the horses was out of the question). Hubby dropped what he was doing, rescued our kids, and managed to piece the Bronco together enough for it to limp home, so things worked out well even though I had to feed in the dark. Other than a few more gray hairs, all's well!

Scott, I hope you've run through your allotment of trouble for the day, and the rest goes wonderfully![​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  4. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Fun fun all around!

I was missing a hen for a few hours, getting more worried each time I counted and came up one short. And she was one of my original pair! But she finally showed up. I have no idea where she has been, but I'm happy she's back.

5. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Good day here! Warm fire and it is 6 degrees out, 8 inches of snow, but no wind.
    Pumpkin pie and monkey bread!
    Wobble, Wobble!

6. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens

Yes, it all worked out in the end. Small smoked turkey was ready for seconds and the oven/turkeycooker roasted main bird was just a bit late.
    Tire will be replaced this weekend (not going anywhere near town Friday.
    Live is good!
    Scott

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    probably not a good time to ask Scott but, I'm not a coffee drinker but, fer shure would love a sweet roll - do you have any with crushed almond filling? [​IMG]

PS Glad things worked out. Haven't had a REAL turkey since my mom died in 1996, so go to Boston Market restaurant for their standard Thanksgiving meal - cold, no drumsticks and no leftovers. But very thankful to have gotten through another year. Really miss my mom more than her turkey.

8. scottcaddy

I did find a couple of them!
    so I got them both for you to try out.

Icelandic Almond Rolls

[​IMG]

and just plain old Almond roll

[​IMG]

Hope you have a good day My Dear Diva [​IMG]
    Scott

9. N F C

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Yay, Scott's here...that must mean coffee is not far behind! I'm ready for a cup please [​IMG]

10. scottcaddy

Yes I'm here and so is the coffee.
    Is anybody doing the black Friday thing?

[​IMG]

I don't like crowds, so I stay away Intill the crazes are mostly done.
    Have a Good Friday whatever you do!
    Scott

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by