BYC Café

Yes I'm here and so is the coffee.
Is anybody doing the black Friday thing?

I don't like crowds, so I stay away Intill the crazes are mostly done.
Have a Good Friday whatever you do!
Scott

No! Go away Black Friday! Seeing all those crazed bargain shoppers slugging it out over stuff they could buy any time of year doesn't do anything for putting me in a holiday frame of mind.

Thank you for the coffee Scott
smile.png

It's been a long, long time since I went anywhere besides a grocery store on Black Friday. It's not the bargain hunters that scare me, it's . . . well . . . me. I don't handle crowds well; that much humanity crowding into my personal space seems to trigger the ol' fight or flight response. Picture a woman in the checkout line wearing a "thousand yard stare" . . . or suddenly abandoning her cart and running screaming for the door, possibly slugging people on the way. Not pretty. I'll do my shopping online, and stay off the 6 o'clock news.
gig.gif

Mmmm. Nice to sit here, hands wrapped around a warm mug. Thanks, Scott.

Last edited:
OH! HEY! yeah, okay, I might venture out for day old pies.
I did not do thanksgiving because husband worked and son's away, so meeh.
but I did miss pumpkin pie for breakfast this morning,
Black Friday pie run!

Morning! I'm not really a big shopper either. Yeah, I know, that admission knocked yer socks off. Anyway, girl needs some coffee before chores. It is a balmy 2 after being 1 so things are warming up out there! Know what I enjoy this time of year? Heavy whipping cream in the coffee! Gotta use it up somehow.

Last edited:
mug·gins
ˈməɡinz/
noun
BRITISHinformal

1. humorous
    a foolish and gullible person (often used humorously to refer to oneself).
    "muggins has volunteered to do the catering"

Well we are going to be out in the cold, not shopping. Hubby got tickets to the football game (and if you know nothing else about nebraska, know they are fanatics about their football,even this year when we are lousy) I am not really looking forward to it, it is going to be cold, but here I am. Hope everyone has a great day!

Back
Top Bottom