BYC Café

Fall crops are: Broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, lettuce, carrots and cauliflower.

You could get a crop of edible flowers going to but they might not have enough time where you are. You also might want to start from plants and not seeds...very soon!

Oh! and it is time to start next years garlic and onions

Thank you Ron!! This is very useful!!

I didn’t really think about or plan for fall crops tbh. :oops: I imagine it’s much too late now for most stuff? Usually stays warm until at least end of September though and I looked it up and it does say the frost date is mid to late October but I probably still should have planted late July early August instead of now. Don’t know if anything will grow. But oh well, might try anyway or just simply make a plan for next year ha

I do like some of those veggies. Maybe I can still try or do containers? Don’t really have any room in the regular garden for more plants right now haha taken by all the summer veggies. :lau

Thank you Ron!! This is very useful!!

I didn’t really think about or plan for fall crops tbh. :oops: I imagine it’s much too late now for most stuff? Usually stays warm until at least end of September though and I looked it up and it does say the frost date is mid to late October but I probably still should have planted late July early August instead of now. Don’t know if anything will grow. But oh well, might try anyway or just simply make a plan for next year ha

I do like some of those veggies. Maybe I can still try or do containers? Don’t really have any room in the regular garden for more plants right now haha taken by all the summer veggies. :lau
Yes! You can grow them now from plants

That's the Kansas state song. Not that I ever saw any antelope there the whole time I was growing up. :confused:

Kill them all Shad! Ugh, I hate those nasty things. View attachment 1879795

Funny you keep count. When I go on my daily fly hunts, I keep track. The most I killed in one day...98. That gives a little idea of how bad they are this time of year.
The main house used to get a bad fly problem. I don't know that it's like now.
Years past in my house there wasn't a problem with mosquitoes. Of course there were some but nothing like this.
Good for you on the 98 count. Was that with a swat, or chemical warfare?

I met his daughter half way to her house. The trip back was horrible! I hit rush hour traffic in Wilkes-Barre and came to a dead stop in Binghamton due to an accident in the construction zone. It literally took me 15 minutes to travel 3 miles. Home now and exhausted.

Dobie, enjoy your vacation time too!

Back
Top Bottom