BYC Café

Good morning, Café - brewed a pot - have at it. @Shadrach , where are you ?
I'm here, or rather I'm in Spain but online...sort of.:hmm
The donkeys escaped. Some ejit didn't close the gate.:he I got a message from the guy four farms down saying he had four donkeys in his garden and while he was cool with that and it made a nice change from his neighbors goats he thought I might wonder where they were at some point. Apparently they were trying to tap him up for five Euros so they could buy a coffee each down the village.:lol:
So, it's drag my sorry arse down the track on foot, carry some donkey treats and a couple of halters and rope. The donkeys weren't exactly delighted to see me. This guy waters his lawn and very nice it taste too from what I can gather.
There I am, walking with one on a lead and the others following behind when some moron appears around the bend on a trail bike with all the full 'I'm ever so outdoors type' trail bike kit on. Instead of doing what I do which is stop the bike and switch the engine off in such circumstances he tries to get by in the ditch which involved lots of revving the engine.
This of course scares the donkeys and the bolt back down the track, including the one I had the lead on.
The guy on the bike apparently wasn't very experienced at this off road lark and fell sideways off his bike, his bike trapping him temporarily on the ground.
I was around boiling point then and did something really naughty and went and put my boot on his helmet pinning him to the ground, prised up his visor and let him know in no uncertain terms that I was not a happy chappy.
I did get the donkeys back. The guy I get my bread and biscuits from was working outside when the donkeys appeared. I met him on the track herding the donkeys along in front of him.
I'm around 94 degrees now and taking the remainder of my frustration out on a few lingering mosquitoes.:p

I met his daughter half way to her house. The trip back was horrible! I hit rush hour traffic in Wilkes-Barre and came to a dead stop in Binghamton due to an accident in the construction zone. It literally took me 15 minutes to travel 3 miles. Home now and exhausted.

Maybe it's because I'm punchy from the drive, because this post stuck out in the middle of totally unrelated topics or simply because it's damn funny but I burst out laughing when I read this! Sorry, Shad. I hope the blood loss was entirely from the mosquitoes.
That doesn't sound like fun! I complain about traffic here, I bet all of you would laugh. I was reminded how very little of it we have when we were in Portland. That was awful!

I'm here, or rather I'm in Spain but online...sort of.:hmm
The donkeys escaped. Some ejit didn't close the gate.:he I got a message from the guy four farms down saying he had four donkeys in his garden and while he was cool with that and it made a nice change from his neighbors goats he thought I might wonder where they were at some point. Apparently they were trying to tap him up for five Euros so they could buy a coffee each down the village.:lol:
So, it's drag my sorry arse down the track on foot, carry some donkey treats and a couple of halters and rope. The donkeys weren't exactly delighted to see me. This guy waters his lawn and very nice it taste too from what I can gather.
There I am, walking with one on a lead and the others following behind when some moron appears around the bend on a trail bike with all the full 'I'm ever so outdoors type' trail bike kit on. Instead of doing what I do which is stop the bike and switch the engine off in such circumstances he tries to get by in the ditch which involved lots of revving the engine.
This of course scares the donkeys and the bolt back down the track, including the one I had the lead on.
The guy on the bike apparently wasn't very experienced at this off road lark and fell sideways off his bike, his bike trapping him temporarily on the ground.
I was around boiling point then and did something really naughty and went and put my boot on his helmet pinning him to the ground, prised up his visor and let him know in no uncertain terms that I was not a happy chappy.
I did get the donkeys back. The guy I get my bread and biscuits from was working outside when the donkeys appeared. I met him on the track herding the donkeys along in front of him.
I'm around 94 degrees now and taking the remainder of my frustration out on a few lingering mosquitoes.:p

I hope the next time Mr Dirt Bike wants to tear around the countryside, he'll remember some manners.

Back
Top Bottom