BYC Café

A hawk made an attack on my flock today. I didn't see it or hear the alert. The flock was in an uproar when I headed out with their afternoon mash and I assumed someone touched the fence. Some were in the run, most were under the chicken bush. Then I saw the hawk fly up out of the pen.
I just did a head count and body check on everyone and they are all unmarked and accounted for. Whew.
That is scary!

We have Baskin Robbins but their cakes are so expensive. I'd have to buy my own and eat it all (NOT a bad thing) but, the only other person - my brother is diabetic and can't have any. Also not enthused about birthdays unless they are his.

In the olden days my mother used to get a Dressel's whipped cream cake for me from the grocery store. I loved it. I think it used to be 95 cents (so we are talking long ago). Then Dressel's closed - :hit.

My son would gladly get me one when he comes out but, he takes me out to eat twice a day,gives me a hefty present and I don't want him to turn into a junk eater like me. He even eats veggies, and salmon and other horrible things. :sick.

It's just not the same - is anything?

Back
Top Bottom