BYC Café

Good morning everybody!! Only 4:30 here, so I don't know what the day looks like yet, but I can hear the rain. It will be here for days now. 😒 Who has coffee? I need a cup. :)
Thank goodness for insurance!
Quite stunning!
Rain and wind are a bad mix for our feathered friends. Do you bring food to the mums and chicks when they are stuck inside then?

We don't have the driving wind just now, but the rain is back. Need to find some decent straw to put down in the runs. This last stuff is a bunch of fluff and dust, like a third cutting or something.
Why do you say that? We have central air so the house stays about the same temp all the time. No devil in that! :lau
Thanks Valerie, he is a looker .

Hi Valerie, actually I'm a milk chocolate person but trying to make amends for my poor diet.
Funny my sister eats actual veggies and healthy stuff never smoked, doesn't drink often and has several health issues. My brother works out at cardiac rehab several times a week, eats veggies and fish and stuff I would touch with a 10 ft. pole. He has many health issues.

I eat junk food on occasion - low sodium potato chips or the individual small cheeto puffs bags. Don't touch veggies. Usually have just one meal a day, because can't think of anything I want to eat or afford. I am a potatoes and beef (or chicken or turkey) person when it's available. When it isn't I have eggs or beans, or just shredded hash browns. Don't smoke, drink or use recreational drugs.

I do eat ice cream when it's on sale but, nowhere near the amount I used to(budget cuts).

If I am busy working on a project I often forget to eat period. Or If I am napping a lot I don't bother to eat either. Food is NOT the big deal to me that it is to a lot of other folks. Or just habit from being a very picky, poor eater since I was a kid. Going out to eat at restaurants is a social custom.

Ladies on the senior bus, don't want any meal that requires leaving a tip. When relatives are in town - they like to go out to eat lunch & dinner. That's one meal too many for me so not thrilled with it. Restaurants just serve portions that are too big. I don't want leftovers to take home.

Like some other single folks, I usually eat over the kitchen sink. Do notice I am developing a real dislike for sweet, sweet things like cookies, candy, fudge, cupcakes, cake. Don't like sweet ice cream either. Body tells me what it wants and I comply. Doesn't ask for much or often. We seem to be in sync. Had to cut way back on salt when I was pg over 34 years ago- don't need it.

I'm 72- never expected to get this old. Who knows Lord willing maybe I'll drag it out to 80.
My father made it to 90. His half brother died at 98 I believe. Used to drive from Chicago suburb to Florida every year for the winter. Stopped when he realized most of his friends in Florida had passed away.

Men have told me that when they hit 65, the "fireworks," were over for them. That's their mind talking and they foolishly believe it.

Sorry for rambling on and on, nothing much going on today. Bus dispatcher said he doesn't know if we will be going out at all this week. We have one driver out with bad back. We have other drivers but, everything is defeat to our dispatcher. Hope he realizes when the bus stop taking us, he will be out of a JOB.

I have to say it is easier to give up salt than folks believe. Everything we buy tends to be loaded with salt and or sugar. After getting used to 50% less sodium potato chips (Lays brand) they are getting to taste "too salty" to me.

When I was pg years ago and dr. told me to cut back on salt, I mainly stopped using the salt shaker on eggs, potatoes, etc. Wasn't that difficult. But after doing so I found a lot of very salty tasting foods I never noticed before., and can't tolerate them.

Kind of like when a heavy smoker gives it up and is surprised to find what food really tastes like. They also notice when others smoke around them and dislike it. You'd be surprised at what you can get used to if you cut back gradually.

Random ramble: For the very first time in three years , my hen "Beetov-Hen, let me pick her up and hold her for a little while.. That was ten minutes ago. She's a Brown Leghorn. Very smart and so sweet! I think she just wanted to warm up her feet, but so what, I still had a chance to hold her. That's a first for that bird!

Hi Valerie, actually I'm a milk chocolate person but trying to make amends for my poor diet.
Funny my sister eats actual veggies and healthy stuff never smoked, doesn't drink often and has several health issues. My brother works out at cardiac rehab several times a week, eats veggies and fish and stuff I would touch with a 10 ft. pole. He has many health issues.

I eat junk food on occasion - low sodium potato chips or the individual small cheeto puffs bags. Don't touch veggies. Usually have just one meal a day, because can't think of anything I want to eat or afford. I am a potatoes and beef (or chicken or turkey) person when it's available. When it isn't I have eggs or beans, or just shredded hash browns. Don't smoke, drink or use recreational drugs.

I do eat ice cream when it's on sale but, nowhere near the amount I used to(budget cuts).

If I am busy working on a project I often forget to eat period. Or If I am napping a lot I don't bother to eat either. Food is NOT the big deal to me that it is to a lot of other folks. Or just habit from being a very picky, poor eater since I was a kid. Going out to eat at restaurants is a social custom.

Ladies on the senior bus, don't want any meal that requires leaving a tip. When relatives are in town - they like to go out to eat lunch & dinner. That's one meal too many for me so not thrilled with it. Restaurants just serve portions that are too big. I don't want leftovers to take home.

Like some other single folks, I usually eat over the kitchen sink. Do notice I am developing a real dislike for sweet, sweet things like cookies, candy, fudge, cupcakes, cake. Don't like sweet ice cream either. Body tells me what it wants and I comply. Doesn't ask for much or often. We seem to be in sync. Had to cut way back on salt when I was pg over 34 years ago- don't need it.

I'm 72- never expected to get this old. Who knows Lord willing maybe I'll drag it out to 80.
My father made it to 90. His half brother died at 98 I believe. Used to drive from Chicago suburb to Florida every year for the winter. Stopped when he realized most of his friends in Florida had passed away.

Men have told me that when they hit 65, the "fireworks," were over for them. That's their mind talking and they foolishly believe it.

Sorry for rambling on and on, nothing much going on today. Bus dispatcher said he doesn't know if we will be going out at all this week. We have one driver out with bad back. We have other drivers but, everything is defeat to our dispatcher. Hope he realizes when the bus stop taking us, he will be out of a JOB.
DD I'm also surprised to still be here! My dad passed at 48, mom passed at 62 and nobody in the family made it beyond 62 that I'm aware of. I just figured I'd follow the pattern. I made it to 66 this year....and have no health issues so I'm just grateful to God every day for His mercy and provision. Our days are numbered....but often differently than we expect!

Random ramble: For the very first time in three years , my hen "Beetov-Hen, let me pick her up and hold her for a little while.. That was ten minutes ago. She's a Brown Leghorn. Very smart and so sweet! I think she just wanted to warm up her feet, but so what, I still had a chance to hold her. That's a first for that bird!
That's so very cool!!! :D

Smallest fart egg I've ever seen.
Captain found this for Una this morning on the coop floor. Until I pushed her out of the way and picked it up I thought it was a small piece of ice from my boot.
View attachment 2007761
You have one starting but up with laying eggs!

Good morning Cafe!

Just brewed a fresh pot of coffee, y'all have at it!

Sorta cold this morning 41°F, light breeze, partly cloudy.

Everyone make it a great day! :celebrate
Enjoy coffee.jpg

Ok friends...please help me with this.... I read a thread/post about BYC "etiquette" as I want to read and learn but don't want to annoy anyone. Someone on there said something like "And don't bump old posts up !" As I read, read, read....I find things I'd like to comment on and things I'd like to ask about but am afraid to "bump up" an older post. Seems to me those older posts have a wealth of info. Am I worrying too much or is there a better way. Thanks for your patience.
Usually this is bad when someone is selling something and the Thread starter repeats or even replies to their own post and says bump!

It has to be persistent and fairly obvious

Back
Top Bottom