BYC Café

Hi Valerie, actually I'm a milk chocolate person but trying to make amends for my poor diet.
Funny my sister eats actual veggies and healthy stuff never smoked, doesn't drink often and has several health issues. My brother works out at cardiac rehab several times a week, eats veggies and fish and stuff I would touch with a 10 ft. pole. He has many health issues.

I eat junk food on occasion - low sodium potato chips or the individual small cheeto puffs bags. Don't touch veggies. Usually have just one meal a day, because can't think of anything I want to eat or afford. I am a potatoes and beef (or chicken or turkey) person when it's available. When it isn't I have eggs or beans, or just shredded hash browns. Don't smoke, drink or use recreational drugs.

I do eat ice cream when it's on sale but, nowhere near the amount I used to(budget cuts).

If I am busy working on a project I often forget to eat period. Or If I am napping a lot I don't bother to eat either. Food is NOT the big deal to me that it is to a lot of other folks. Or just habit from being a very picky, poor eater since I was a kid. Going out to eat at restaurants is a social custom.

Ladies on the senior bus, don't want any meal that requires leaving a tip. When relatives are in town - they like to go out to eat lunch & dinner. That's one meal too many for me so not thrilled with it. Restaurants just serve portions that are too big. I don't want leftovers to take home.

Like some other single folks, I usually eat over the kitchen sink. Do notice I am developing a real dislike for sweet, sweet things like cookies, candy, fudge, cupcakes, cake. Don't like sweet ice cream either. Body tells me what it wants and I comply. Doesn't ask for much or often. We seem to be in sync. Had to cut way back on salt when I was pg over 34 years ago- don't need it.

I'm 72- never expected to get this old. Who knows Lord willing maybe I'll drag it out to 80.
My father made it to 90. His half brother died at 98 I believe. Used to drive from Chicago suburb to Florida every year for the winter. Stopped when he realized most of his friends in Florida had passed away.

Men have told me that when they hit 65, the "fireworks," were over for them. That's their mind talking and they foolishly believe it.

Sorry for rambling on and on, nothing much going on today. Bus dispatcher said he doesn't know if we will be going out at all this week. We have one driver out with bad back. We have other drivers but, everything is defeat to our dispatcher. Hope he realizes when the bus stop taking us, he will be out of a JOB.
Kind of reminds me of the folks that reach 100 and are asked what their secret to a long life and the answer is: a cocktail each night and a cigar!

I have to say it is easier to give up salt than folks believe. Everything we buy tends to be loaded with salt and or sugar. After getting used to 50% less sodium potato chips (Lays brand) they are getting to taste "too salty" to me.

When I was pg years ago and dr. told me to cut back on salt, I mainly stopped using the salt shaker on eggs, potatoes, etc. Wasn't that difficult. But after doing so I found a lot of very salty tasting foods I never noticed before., and can't tolerate them.

Kind of like when a heavy smoker gives it up and is surprised to find what food really tastes like. They also notice when others smoke around them and dislike it. You'd be surprised at what you can get used to if you cut back gradually.
We don't use a lot of salt either. I was really just kidding. Except for Christmas when I make a lot of cookies, we don't have sweets unless we have company. I find the same thing to be true, many restaurant foods or other people's food has so much salt that it's all you can taste.

But, we do love ice cream. Usually just French Vanilla with fresh berries on it from our patch in the summers.

Sounds like you don't eat much of anything. I want to bring you a pot roast or something. :D

I'm alright in my bunker but the poor chickens really don't cope well with the combination of high winds, comparative cold, and the sheet of water falling from the sky.
I worry.:rolleyes:
My coop design is decidedly different than yours as is my climate. I've installed reinforced vinyl tarps around the run and the chickens seem quite happy. We had some ugly winds 2 days ago that didn't bother my flock and of course I have no chicks ATM.

Back
Top Bottom