BYC Café

I would get them checked for parvo because it doesn't just go away with bland food, yogurt, and water. They need antibiotics to treat the infection plus sometimes they need plasma transfusions.
Parvo is a virus, antibiotics not effective. Good nursing care is the most important. Intravenous fluids if they have so much vomiting and diarrhea that they can’t stay hydrated.

Yep! one month closer to my retirement$$$$ :clap
Dear sis, for me it would be the same thing
I'm SOOOOO confused!

And I'm still alive!
That is good! Might want to try to stay that way for a bunch more years :D

The first time we called they said they'll be sending out a check soon.
It's been a long time, maybe too long. If it were to happen again the first phone call would be the last. The second call would be to the shelter's director in person. Might still want to do that though it would likely take them a heck of a long time to go through the records and find that, in fact, they hadn't sent your refund.

Free to a good home pets are already in a home. Shelter pets are under tremendous stress until they end up being put to sleep. Adoption fees help cover cost of vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, care and upkeep while in the shelter. These animals are under a death sentence.
Our shelter is the messed up type. They don't spay, or neuter the animals, we have to sign a contract to promise to get it done ourselves, plus it's now Michigan law if you adopt an animal from a shelter/adoption center you have to pay for it all. If you get the animal from somebody who's selling, or giving away for free you get to choose when you want to get your new pet fixed, vaccinated, ect.

Oh, yeah our shelter was supposed to be the no-kill type, but then they got an overflow of cats, & kittens. Guess what they did? All our shelter does is keep the animals fed, & watered until they find a new home.

I'm SOOOOO confused!

That is good! Might want to try to stay that way for a bunch more years :D

It's been a long time, maybe too long. If it were to happen again the first phone call would be the last. The second call would be to the shelter's director in person. Might still want to do that though it would likely take them a heck of a long time to go through the records and find that, in fact, they hadn't sent your refund.
Alot of people who go through the same shelter hate it, cuz they don't get their "promised" refund back ever. It's been 4yrs since we called them because we gave up.

Good morning and good coffee! The sun is shining here, hoping it will dry things up. The ground is mucky. I took a bad fall hauling a feeder down to our lower chicken pasture. Passed out for the second time of my life and scared the crap out of my husband. He had to call the neighbor who carried me into the house-that was nice. I heard a lot of crunching in my ankle, hoping no fractures. Hurts like hell, thankfully I have some Vicodin still. Gonna wait and see if I have to go to the hospital. Hoping NOT! The coffee here has Baileys Irish Cream, medicinal of course.

Well I completed half my to do list and I fixed the problem I had with my coop. Time to grill out. Grass fed beef patties.
We are basically vegetarian but... just reading these posts has me thinking that right now. I wish I had some too. So...

Off to the proverbial concrete commercial garden fields of a major- natural-food-chain-store I must go, again. Darn it. Can't let my overworked-backaching-tired-spouse rest for one good moment this week - gotta' get more meat. (Seems the times and the menus at my house are a-changing.) Seriously, somebody pray for me quickly or I may purchase an entire cow.

We are basically vegetarian but... just reading these posts has me thinking that right now. I wish I had some too. So...

Off to the proverbial concrete commercial garden fields of a major- natural-food-chain-store I must go, again. Darn it. Can't let my overworked-backaching-tired-spouse rest for one good moment this week - gotta' get more meat. (Seems the times and the menus at my house are a-changing.) Seriously, somebody pray for me quickly or I may purchase an entire cow.
Meat has essential amino acids, proteins, & minerals that your body needs. One reason most people who try to go vegetarian the first time struggle with it, because their body starts lacking in those important nutrients.
Also another fact is that our body has a harder time digesting plant matter, cuz our bodies are more adapted to eating meat.

I love learning interesting facts like this.:p

My dad wants to get a pig.

Back
Top Bottom