BYC Café

@DobieLover what about removing the wart under local anesthetic as that is what seems to be bothering her - the others I would just let go given her age and medical problems. :hugs

Good afternoon Café. What a difference a little rain can make. Went to a trial last week where only 3 dogs out of 21 had adequate performances, and none of them were mine. Today in a class of 19 they had many exceptional runs, and a pair of my pups ended up first and second giving me 3 memorable runs.

I brewed an afternoon pot as I needed some GOOD coffee. I was so desperate that I stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way home.
Congrats, that's great!

Stay safe Ron!!!! DW and I are flying to So Cal on the 11th. Sure hope no one on the planes or in the airports has the Coronavirus.

4" of REALLY wet snow today :sick
I am making sure to wash my hands and will pay attention to people that seem sick.

This one seems to need contact with bodily fluids-- as opposed to influenza

@sourland, my local vet agreed to take the wart off Fuji's front leg for between $200 and $300 under local. She goes in a week from Monday.
The estimate came back from Cornell for doing the MCT removal. I was off on what I thought they would charge. They estimate the cost would be between $2,500 and $3,500 to remove two MCTs from the skin. Unbelievable.
I had two MCTs removed from her the last time at my local vet for $450. I thought the estimate would be $1,500 at Cornell for something similar.

@DobieLover sounds like a good choice to me. Fix what is bothering her, and pass on the over priced cosmetic surgery. Veterinary prices have become absurd. If my vet ever retires I'm not certain what I will do. His prices are moderate plus I get a 30% friend reduction. Way back when I did something nice for him, and the action has been repaid.

Any possibility that you can be there to calm her during the surgery ?

@DobieLover sounds like a good choice to me. Fix what is bothering her, and pass on the over priced cosmetic surgery. Veterinary prices have become absurd. If my vet ever retires I'm not certain what I will do. His prices are moderate plus I get a 30% friend reduction. Way back when I did something nice for him, and the action has been repaid.

The cost of vet care is just sky-rocketing. I don't know how the average person can afford it.
What really sticks in my craw is the fact that the vet that I'd gone to for decades was making a good living at the prices he was charging. After he retired and sold to a chain, all the costs went up. Why? If he was making a good living, he was making a profit. Why increase the prices so much?
In the end, it's the animals that will suffer.

Be happy sourland, that you even have a veterinarian there. Our good town DVM passed away last year. I visit his widow in town, sometimes. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom