DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
Good morning, Cafe. Coffee is ready.
Quite a bit warmer this morning.
I placed the toilet in mom's bathroom last night only to find that I will need to install a new flange over the old rusted metal one. I'll have to grind out the old flange bolts as they are embedded in the SLU. And drill through the tile then concrete to secure the new flange. Sounds like great fun... NOT!

Perris

Still learning
Jan 28, 2018
Gower, Wales
I'll call to make an appointment with the vet for her. She's 18.5 years old so there is only so much I will allow to be done with her. If they think she needs surgery, that is out of the question.
wow - that's a great age! I would never have guessed from her appearance. I would hope that a vet wouldn't suggest surgery on a cat of that age.
Sorry to hear about the toilet - so much more work that you didn't need!

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
wow - that's a great age! I would never have guessed from her appearance. I would hope that a vet wouldn't suggest surgery on a cat of that age.
Sorry to hear about the toilet - so much more work that you didn't need!
She was 15 in that picture but pretty much looks the same.

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium Feather Member
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
Uncharacteristically anthropomorphic for me, but......
So, Little Sister came into the coop this morning while I was cleaning to tell me all about her first egg. She got up on the roost I was cleaning and chatted, then got into a nest and sat there for a few minutes, then flew up onto a roost right near me to yak some more. She usually does not get that close. Then she went back outside to take care of other chicken business. It all cracked me up!

I'm thrilled she's laying *and* that she seems to have made her way into the flock well as a single bird. She's still roosting alone, but is mingling much more during the day (tho with caution), and especially in the mornings when most the birds are hanging out up on the roost/board, she's right there with them.

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
Morning Cafe has allot fun here yesterday.
Okay sold 4 birds to a neighbor .. We have Mexican older folks that do not have great english skills ... So this gal wanted fresh birds for her daughters wedding I had 3 cockerel growing up, We could sell told her I have hen EE she layed 4 or 6 eggs none since she is year old you can stew her..
She wanted the 4.. Fast forward told her I would bring them to her as she does not drive .. Caught 2 of the boys last one was flighty found it's way to my little coop with Smudge my Marans coop and smudge then thought he should protect it. The ensuing Smudge escaped because I had a net (My birds hate nets)..
Smudge spent the night in the blackberry brambles other side of the property.
This morning I went out with my other half no dogs.. I found smudge still in the blackberry .. Started calling him by heavens he followed me to his coop .. It is raining here this morning he was pretty bedraggled .. BF did grab Smudge he was at the fence could not quite figure to come around the door...
BF was able to grab him by his feet placed him back with his girls...

Top Bottom